Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla increased my model 3 price online even though I ordered it before all the price increases ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my model 3 without autopilot ($ 52,000 Canadian ) on March 17 before the first price increase on March 19 and before the second price increase in April which included autopilot. However when I check my order online they have changed everything to reflect the new price increase with autopilot which I never initially ordered ( $56,300 Canadian). $3400 price increase . Has this happened to anyone and how did you resolve it? I contacted TESLA but no resolve yet.

They did something similar to me. I ordered the $47,600 model. Then I added $4000 for autopilot. I didn't want the mid-range, as the SR offers the exact same interior and only 20 miles less range for $2100 less.

On May 1st they deleted my model - and changed it to the $44,999 model - which nobody will want as it's locked permanently to 150 km.

They actually called me this morning, telling me my $47,600 model has been deleted. I only have the option to purchase the 150 km model at $44,999, or the 386 km $53,700. That's $8,700 more money!

What a bunch of bozos.

This is the third time in the last 6 weeks they've changed my order and pricing. I've been waiting for delivery since early March.

This company has no idea what they're doing. It's really unfortunate and embarrassing for them.

I wish I didn't like the car so much....

Otherwise I'd walk from this treatment.

I got this email today.

If I cancel my order and reorder, I will pay $1000 more for FSD.

Why do I have to cancel and reorder? It makes no sense? Why can’t they just reassign?

“I found a car that just came off the production line that is a perfect match to your configuration, but is currently assigned to our Dedham store up in Massachusetts. If we canceled your original order, and matched you to this new vehicle/have it rerouted down here, my logistics team said you'll likely be able to take delivery in around 2 weeks. You currently don't have a VIN assigned to you, meaning you're likely looking at 3+ weeks before delivery on your original order, so this would help expedite things a little bit.

All we'd need to do is cancel/refund the original order, and place a new $2,500 deposit on this vehicle. If you're interested in doing that, you can give me a call at any point today, otherwise, we can just wait on the original order.”

I got this email today.

If I cancel my order and reorder, I will pay $1000 more for FSD.

Bla Bla Bla .... = B.S. (Deleted)

All we'd need to do is cancel/refund the original order, and place a new $2,500 deposit on this vehicle.
If you're interested in doing that, you can give me a call at any point today,
otherwise, we can just wait on the original order.

Just keep the original order, or cancel the original order if you can get back your money.

If you can cancel and get your $2,500, then I would wait for the Model Y or a Kona.

Chiming in here to share my specific experience:

(1) I placed a “reservation” payment ($1,000) on the Model 3 on the day it was launched.

(2) I placed a second “order” payment ($2,500) for a M3 LR RWD on the day the lease was offered and received a Tesla Model 3 Vehicle Order Agreement for $54,200.

(3) Prior to delivery, I was asked to provide a “final” payment ($1,961.17) which I did.

(4) At the time of delivery, Tesla informed me that they would not release the car unless I “paid an additional $3,000 for autopilot” (which is clearly stated as “included” on my order agreement). I emailed the Order Agreement back to the Owner Advisor and reminded him that as per the Order Agreement, autopilot was included. He was told to communicate that bc I ordered an “off menu” version of the vehicle (RWD vs. AWD) that Tesla has decided not to include autopilot (the undertone was that this a punitive charge for not ordering things “on menu”). Needless to say this was extremely upsetting.

(5) I emailed a summary of what transpired, along with supporting documents/notes, to the legal department at Tesla ([email protected]).

(6) After much back and forth they agreed to honor the original price provided on the Order Agreement.

(7) At the time of delivery, and much to my surprise, Tesla requested an additional payment in the amount of ~$200 (apparently they did not revert back to the original cost on the order agreement) and again refused to release the car. The requested uncharge was admittedly insignificant in the grand scheme of things however, given what had previously transpired, I was not interested in paying any amount more than what was originally agreed upon.

(8) And so, after another round of calls to and from Tesla, they agreed to provide me with a $1,000 service credit if I would overlook the ~$200 overcharge.

I should also mention that the delivery was rescheduled 3 times by Tesla, and when the vehicle was finally delivered I received a call to inform me that the car will arrive damaged (a deep scratch and ding in the passenger door, damage to the wheel) and the car arrived as if it returned from a week at burning man. There was a deep layer of dust in every single exterior crevice of the car (between the glass panes on the roof, inside the trunk, frunk, charge point, grilles, etc.) and in some interior areas. Tesla agreed to remedy these issues at a later date (though my car is still in service waiting for these issues to be completed)…

In conclusion, while I very much appreciate Tesla’s stated mission and the vehicles they produce, their business practices in my experience are short-sighted and leave much to be desired. My wish for Tesla going forward is that they begin to consider/value integrity in addition to their mission going forward.