Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance claim experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cbdream99

Apr 8, 2017
DFW
I scraped my doors and filed the claim through the app. At the end, it says choose repair center, so I picked the Telsa’s Collison Center in Dallas. The appointment is two months off and the apps says working on estimates. It is not clear to me how the process works, and wondering if someone can share their experiences.

1). I think the adjuster can give an estimates based on the pictures and don’t need to wait under the collision center to look at it.
2). What’s the appointment day in the collision center means, does it mean the day they will start working on it or it just a day for them to look at it and then another lengthy period before they actually working on it.

Everything still works fine and I am not in a hurry, but this is my first time to claim on Tesla insurance and want to see how bad it is as other reported or may be it is good?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get the appointment? How was the experience? I am in a Similar situation and wondering if i have to go through tesla collision center or choose a 3rd party Collision Center ( if given option)

Do you see any increase in premium? My car damage is not significant enough , at the end its 500$ deductible for me by going through tesla insurance. Therefore i am wondering how can it effect premiums after claim ?

I was totally surprised, and the experience was very positive. I filed the claim on August 5 and selected the Tesla Dallas Collison Center. The first appointment was in late October, but they rescheduled it to August 22. I tried to call another certified body shop, but they are booked till mid-October. The collision center gave an estimate a few days before the appointment, and I just forwarded it to the adjuster. The adjuster gave her email and text number for correspondence, and I got the reply as promised within 24-48 hours. The adjuster also helps to set up the enterprise rental car. I noticed that Tesla collision charges less than others if it is from Tesla insurance.

It is in the Tesla body shop now and gives progress updates every Tuesday and Thursday. They already started the repair but ran into the normal wrong parts issue .. somehow Tesla always failed in this area.

According to Tesla Insurance, they will not increase premiums because of accidents but will see in the next month upon my renewal.

Reactions: vzaitsev
I was totally surprised, and the experience was very positive. I filed the claim on August 5 and selected the Tesla Dallas Collison Center. The first appointment was in late October, but they rescheduled it to August 22. I tried to call another certified body shop, but they are booked till mid-October. The collision center gave an estimate a few days before the appointment, and I just forwarded it to the adjuster. The adjuster gave her email and text number for correspondence, and I got the reply as promised within 24-48 hours. The adjuster also helps to set up the enterprise rental car. I noticed that Tesla collision charges less than others if it is from Tesla insurance.

It is in the Tesla body shop now and gives progress updates every Tuesday and Thursday. They already started the repair but ran into the normal wrong parts issue .. somehow Tesla always failed in this area.

According to Tesla Insurance, they will not increase premiums because of accidents but will see in the next month upon my renewal.
Thank you for the response. I will give it a try with the Tesla claim.
attached are images for Reference. It's not a huge damage though.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-08 at 23.00.55.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-08 at 23.00.55.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 97
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-08 at 23.00.57.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-08 at 23.00.57.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 67
I have received an appointment in 3 weeks. I could choose Tesla Collision Center or a 3rd party one.
In the past, i have used that 3rd part body shop when the collision center wasn't available in Austin. I have chosen Tesla service center, Not sure of the advantages of choosing the TESLA collision center, In terms of cost its the same deductible. But i am hoping there wouldn't be an increase in premium if i choose tesla collision center.

Reactions: cbdream99
I have received an appointment in 3 weeks. I could choose Tesla Collision Center or a 3rd party one.
In the past, i have used that 3rd part body shop when the collision center wasn't available in Austin. I have chosen Tesla service center, Not sure of the advantages of choosing the TESLA collision center, In terms of cost its the same deductible. But i am hoping there wouldn't be an increase in premium if i choose tesla collision center.
Can you choose both or more than two to see a fair estimate?

It's up to the insurance carrier to determine the rate, not the body shop, but Tesla insurance has stated premium is determined by the safety score (how you drive). You may also want to check whether any PDR shop can repair the dent, the paint seems to be able to touch up. Body shop will likely replace the door and repaint.