Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 Day Old Model 3 Rear Ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in September, I was rear ended in my 10 day old Model 3 RWD after just 400 miles. Both the liable driver and myself were stopped at a red light, and he just wasn't paying attention and rolled into me at probably 7 or 8 mph. I Still had the temp tags on and everything.

Model 3 was drivable which was lucky because the next appointment at a Tesla Collision Center was over 2 weeks away. Other driver had Statefarm as a carrier and was instantly determined liable from the dashcam footage I sent over.

I drove the car until the appointment, dropped it off and got a rental. Initial insurance estimate came back at 4k, Tesla's preliminary estimate came back at 8k. I called up Statefarm and told the CSR that their appraiser must be smoking something and that he needs to take a second look. I provided the Tesla preliminary itemized estimate and hey presto less than 24 hours later Statefarm's estimate was up to 8k.

Tesla has had the car since Friday the 13th of October and have been in regular contact with both Statefarm and I. The car is estimated to be finished on the 31st of October barring anything unforseen. The Tesla estimate is up to around 9k at this time.

Statefarm is paying for the rental and seem to have dropped any idea of not paying for Tesla's labor rate because they're really the only place I can take the car in my area for the work.

After the repairs are complete, I intend on filling a Dimished Value claim through Statefarm as well, after getting a third party appraisal.

Hope this helps anybody who is in a similar situation, and I'll update this if anything changes.

Cheers all (and yes I'm still crying on the inside about my 10 DAY OLD 400 MILE Tesla being damaged)

Attachments

• 20230925_152414.jpg
    20230925_152414.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 80