Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is making improvements to Fremont factory — increasing Model Y production capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reporting is based on several construction permit applications that Tesla submitted for the Fremont factory over the last week including an application submitted on April 3 showing Tesla is installing a "new conveyance platform for Model Y production". Tesla also submitted several permit applications to recommission its south paint shop as well as applications for a general assembly line that it has been referring to as “GA4.5.”

https://electrek.co/2020/04/06/tesla-improvements-fremont-factory-model-y-production-capacity/

Not saying Teslas don't have defects, but keep in mind that people don't come to public forums to report their cars have no defects.

While this is technically true, that old counterpoint doesn't carry much weight when there are so many reported issues relative to how few are out in the wild. Even YouTube reviewers showing off their Model Y's seem to have a wide range of quality control issues. Tesla was showing signs of improvement over the years but seemed to really drop the ball lately.

No need to make excuses for Tesla. Just encourage Tesla to fix them.

Reactions: Drw1214
While this is technically true, that old counterpoint doesn't carry much weight when there are so many reported issues relative to how few are out in the wild. Even YouTube reviewers showing off their Model Y's seem to have a wide range of quality control issues. Tesla was showing signs of improvement over the years but seemed to really drop the ball lately.

No need to make excuses for Tesla. Just encourage Tesla to fix them.

I think they have been making improvements, but yes they obviously still have a way to go. Pretty much all reviews that had seen early M3's as well said this too, big improvements in the Model Y.

Not saying Teslas don't have defects, but keep in mind that people don't come to public forums to report their cars have no defects.

well... Tesla has to have the worst QC of any car company in the history of mankind. Let’s be real, no sugar coating. You don’t see ppl on the bimmerfest or Subaru forum company of misaligned panels and headlights, it’s just not a thing for other cars.

I expected my Tesla to have misaligned panels.. no big deal. I barely notice it, but I spent $70,000, so with that being said, my panels better be perfect. I have an appointment for repair tomorrow but I might opt out or postpone because I still have PTSD from dealing with the customer service. Absolutely horrendous. Tesla rated dead last in customer service. So please, no sugar coating lol