Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 home charging guide and tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3 / Y, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
You can find charging times on teslas website, below:

here is a screenshot of the relevant information:

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 7.30.21 PM.png

As for "best practices" other than "set it between 50% and 90% and plug it in when its at home (which is teslas recommendations), there is a 129 page thread about battery, range, etc in this subforum which can be found here:

Please direct any questions on battery health, percentage to set it at etc to that thread. its not something you really need to do more than "just plug it in" but if you want to deep dive into it, thats the place to start (although I dont recommend it, personally, because that topic tends to be a black hole one goes down and gets all wound up about)

Hi, I recently ordered a tesla model 3. It is due to be picked up within the next week and I am extremely excited.
The home charger that will be installed will run on a single-phase 240v base and I am wondering what the estimated charging time would be.
Other than that I am curious to find out what the recommended charging times and percentages are in terms of battery preservation and comfort.
Any tips and help would be much appreciated!
Thanks so much
I assume you mean 220V 1-phase (I've noticed the Israel part for your location) Realize that you can use only 80% of rated amperage only for sustaining charging (what jjrandorin's chart uses, his numbers are taking that in consideration already). Therefore for a home charger your best rate is 48A or 40mph using a 60A breaker (derated for 220 vs 240V)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin