Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S 2017 service cost & fog light condensation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - looking to check the quote I've been given by Tesla for a 2017 model S. To do a full general service I'm being quoted £400 +VAT. I've just bought the car, private, however want to make sure everything is working correctly.

Also, fog in the tail light and rust on the bolts that support the arms that open and close the boot. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a simple solution?

Cheers
Paul

Both common problems.

For the bolt rusting issue, you can order the parts from a Tesla Service Center and then have an independent mechanic replace them for about a half-hour of labor (or even DIY, if you are capable). The parts you need are the rear hatch strut ball studs and C-clips. You can send a message through the app that you want to buy these parts.

For the condensation in tail light, I believe what solved this issue on my 2014 car was to replace the rear liftgate applique with an updated version.

Both common problems.

For the bolt rusting issue, you can order the parts from a Tesla Service Center and then have an independent mechanic replace them for about a half-hour of labor (or even DIY, if you are capable). The parts you need are the rear hatch strut ball studs and C-clips. You can send a message through the app that you want to buy these parts.

For the condensation in tail light, I believe what solved this issue on my 2014 car was to replace the rear liftgate applique with an updated version.
Thanks man, both responses super helpful.