Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S Plaid - It’s a Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please remind the old and feeble again what this set you back?
Question for you homie:
Since you've had ceramic coating and no ppf, how's it holding up? Do you recommend front ppf + cc or just cc by itself? I've never had either one of them done and have been driving Teslas for 4 years. I was fine without them but recently started looking into CC for ease of cleaning and minor scratch resistance. Any advice? Also how many coatings of ceramic did you apply or suggest? What's your view on this new product: Undrdog Teflon based cc

Question for you homie:
Since you've had ceramic coating and no ppf, how's it holding up? Do you recommend front ppf + cc or just cc by itself? I've never had either one of them done and have been driving Teslas for 4 years. I was fine without them but recently started looking into CC for ease of cleaning and minor scratch resistance. Any advice? Also how many coatings of ceramic did you apply or suggest? What's your view on this new product: Undrdog Teflon based cc
I’m not sure if you’re talking to me or @jebinc. My car does have full PPF & Ceramic Coating. The video in the first post has all the info on what Alset did to it. Very satisfied.
This is my fourth Tesla.
First Tesla (MS 90D) no PPF or ceramic. Just Carnauba based wax…
Very regrettable.
2nd & 3rd (M3 RWD & MS100D) went straight from Tesla Delivery for full PPF (Suntek Ultra PPF & Geyon Ceramic Coating)
No regrets.
Just a little less anxiety about external conditions and situations that may increase possibilities of paint damage.
Almost like an insurance policy. So basically peace of mind.
Definitely PPF and ceramic coating makes the car look brand new every time it’s washed. (My methodology below)
Tesla Car Wash !!!

I’m not sure if you’re talking to me or @jebinc. My car does have full PPF & Ceramic Coating. The video in the first post has all the info on what Alset did to it. Very satisfied.
This is my fourth Tesla.
Very regrettable.
2nd & 3rd (M3 RWD & MS100D) went straight from Tesla Delivery for full PPF (Suntek Ultra PPF & Geyon Ceramic Coating)
No regrets.
Just a little less anxiety about external conditions and situations that may increase possibilities of paint damage.
Definitely PPF and ceramic coating makes the car look brand new every time it’s washed. (My methodology below)
Tesla Car Wash !!!
Thank you for the detailed response. Do you keep your cars for a while? I really don't. I replace them every 2-3 years that's why I am on the fence about ppf right now

Reactions: Daniellane
Also looking for @jebinc input on this:

Purchased our March ‘18 MS100D with a 6 yr 1.49% loan. (Decided to put the cash to work with Tesla Stock📈)

Our March MS100D has 43k miles, Free Unlimited Super Charging, Free Lifetime Connectivity, FSD (3.0 Computer Upgrade) & MCU2
Plus it has a Tesla Extended Service Contract. (4-Year/50,000 Mile Extended Service Agreement with 1 Roadside Assistance - Tier 1 - Model S (5657582-40-A)) which isn’t in effect yet.
So well worth hanging on to for a while.
Teslas aren’t really like other cars where they become obsolete that quickly. Software updates keep them very current as long as your hardware isn’t too far behind.
So keeping it looking brand new it’s pretty awesome

Reactions: umair239
@umair239 zero issues and zero paint chips. 2200 miles logged. I used 3 coats of cQuartz 3.0 over two days. Eight hour cure between coats. No knowledge or opinion on Undrdog Teflon. I stick with what I know is good and works!

This is my fourth Tesla.
Very regrettable.
No regrets.
Tesla Car Wash !!!
Your posts are extremely helpful. I appreciate this so much. Thank you again.

Did you use Undrdog ? My installer wants to use this over Ceramic Pro, says it’s more durable, glossy, and hydrophobic. But I’d like to hear from anyone with actual experience.

Did you use Undrdog ? My installer wants to use this over Ceramic Pro, says it’s more durable, glossy, and hydrophobic. But I’d like to hear from anyone with actual experience.
hey, no I have not had ceramic coating done yet. When I do, I don't think I will go with Undrdog. It is a very new company and I don't know if I would trust it enough to go on my car.

Reactions: jebinc