Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Road Rally Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medlock&Sons

Carl Medlock
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2014
WA
The Tesla Roadster Road Rally Program. Tesla Roadster

The parts were built, and the car was completed, but the program did not launch.

The employees initially coined it the Jooster because it was a car. The back story is that he had me purchase at the auction for him/us to use for this program. We chose this car after it was in a collision here in Seattle. We needed a damaged car, as we did not want to dismantle a perfect vehicle. I made the right side of this car after the carbon supplier went belly up and installed all of the panels. We had the one-off interior made here in Seattle as well. Once I was done with the body and interior, it went to Freemont, where many of us at Tesla had a hand in building the rest. Parts came from across the globe, including the USA, UK, parts of Europe, and Australia, to make this car. Some of you know about it, and some do not. We have all the provenance for the program, docs, etc.

1124 was the Roadster used as the test mule. Driving this car is the most fun because of the limited-slip differential. With it, the vehicle can go sideways like an old muscle car. It is here in Seattle now, and we will offer it for sale soon.

This thread will reveal all of the details of this car. Follow along and comment as you see fit.

Reactions: MCroadster