Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S Door Handle Read Write Clone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

My RL door handle suddenly stopped. Measured power supply 12v and gnd were ok. Then i checked LIN line and something was wrong.

Further investigation showed that water got inside DH electronic around wire insulation, and it was green and wires rotten.

Then i heard that i cant just put second hand door handle on my car, and i must make coding of it.

Further i opened unit and found that 5Volt stabilizer was in defect.

Then i go further and i managed to program Front Right door handle electronic to the rear left door handle(electronic swaped to my rear left door handle)

Is it true about second hand door handle pairing, it must be done via MCU?Rooting? Engineer?

Cheers

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr

Job done successfuly.

Front right door handle programmed to the rear left position.
Worked immediately.

And i took investigation further. Door handle has only 1 design flaw. Melted plastic compound inside electronic is bad choise.
Water got inside electronic on every door handle near wires. Even this front right DH wich was working ok, found traces of copper+water oxidation inside.

I used gasket glue around wires on electronic.

SOON PART 3:
In next project i will read front door electronic and try to assigne door handle ID to the door electronic. And that will be done without rooting or MCU control of any kind.

PART 4: after reversing of door mudule flash firmware, we will make CAN set of commands to do it via car OBD connector.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Chaserr and Lukez