Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla solar installation experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was amazed at how smooth the process was with Tesla Energy's solar installation on my house in Cape Cod. They handled everything -- permits, town inspections, and utility approval. Just got the final OK today from the town and looking forward to seeing how many watts these panels deliver. Here's a quick video of the installation:

James Percelay on Instagram: “Often the pessimist, I looked on the bright side this week and had solar installed on our house on the Cape. Here’s to sunnier days! #Tesla…”

Because of the quarantine, I haven’t made it up to the Cape to pair the little Tesla energy output reporting box with my Tesla app to see how it is working. The overall process took about 7 - 8 weeks off the top of my head. They handled all the permitting. Didn’t have to lift a finger. Wonder if the bad reviews mentioned in this thread were recent, or with Solar City?

Because of the quarantine, I haven’t made it up to the Cape to pair the little Tesla energy output reporting box with my Tesla app to see how it is working. The overall process took about 7 - 8 weeks off the top of my head. They handled all the permitting. Didn’t have to lift a finger. Wonder if the bad reviews mentioned in this thread were recent, or with Solar City?
I havent really seen too many from this site but over at solarreviews.com they literally have 1.5 stars.

A lot are from people who started with solar city and had to deal with transition to tesla but some are more recent.

Tesla / SolarCity solar reviews, complaints, address & solar panels cost

These reviews are pretty scary, but many refer to earlier installs. I am leasing at $50 a month with no contact, so I’m protected. The customer service was great. I will let you know how well (or not) they work when I can monitor the output.