Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla State Inspection in NYS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just turned away from a Valvoline service center for the NY state inspection and they told me I would have to go to the dealership!!!! 750 Upper Glen Street, Queensbury, NY 12804 told me that they can't do any EV's because of the batteries and they damaged one somewhere so they won't do them anymore!!!!!! WTF.
Found another place that does them but now I have to take another day off of work. anyone else have this happen to them?

I was just turned away from a Valvoline service center for the NY state inspection and they told me I would have to go to the dealership!!!! 750 Upper Glen Street, Queensbury, NY 12804 told me that they can't do any EV's because of the batteries and they damaged one somewhere so they won't do them anymore!!!!!! WTF.
Found another place that does them but now I have to take another day off of work. anyone else have this happen to them?

That's actually illegal. Any NYS certified vehicle inspection station must provide inspections for all vehicles (passenger, I assume).

This is the reason Tesla themselves don't provide inspections of their own vehicles, because they don't want to get roped into providing inspections for all other vehicles. Would seem silly to me, too... seeing a Tesla employee doing emissions testing on a 15 year old car.

NYS inspection time
Tesla does not do the annual after the purchase
Just ask your favorite shop and if they act confused, move on to another one
$10, wait for it, it’s quick
1702306726814.png

Move to New Jersey.
There is no state inspection for EV's nor is there NJ sales tax on the purchase.
Yes, yes we’re jealous of NJ and sustainability
Your PSEG is even different supporting EVs
Not here, we only rent PSEG management
LIPA owns the utility
Can’t wait until that gets fixed
No Tesla VPP until we fix our utility situation
We’re even jealous of ConEd, except for the rates

I’ve taken my MY to Viele's Automotive in Warrensburg many times. I was one of his first Tesla customers and he spent a lot of time with me learning about the car, the lift points, so he’d be prepared for future customers.