Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla text messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received a couple of status updates on the order of my M3. How accurate are these updates relative to actually receiving a car?

Attachments

• ADE03313-C98E-4996-8D84-73933591D343.png
    ADE03313-C98E-4996-8D84-73933591D343.png
    823.6 KB · Views: 1,164
I have received a couple of status updates on the order of my M3. How accurate are these updates relative to actually receiving a car?
I ordered my SR+ on Tuesday, 6/9, and received that very same message today (6/14). I did notice that on Tuesday, the Tesla website said delivery would be 2-3 weeks. Today is says 1-2 weeks. Have you accepted delivery yet? That might give me an indication about when I might expect delivery. Take care!

In my experience, the text updates for delivery timing are fairly accurate.

Ordered a LR AWD in January and the initial texts showed a 5-8 week delivery timeframe, which they revised to 3-5 weeks, then 2-4 weeks, then 1 week, all within the initial estimate timeframe.

I recall it being delivered a week sooner than their original estimate.

If it was 1 week away then it would already be on a truck and you would have gotten a scheduling link to pickout when you can go get it. Your guess is as good as theirs!

Just got off the phone with my SA and her manager, my car is not even off the assembly line nor does it have a vin number.

I also learned that the so-called existing inventory cars with no miles are pre-productions, but at least they have vin numbers!

Text update - what's that?? I have never received one, but kept checking the page source to see when a VIN would be assigned. Got it assigned on 6/1 and started calling and chatting with people but all they could say was to wait..... Today, I notice on my Tesla account that a delivery appointment of 6/27 has been added to the 'Manage' section. No text nor call. Communication is not their strong suit. Thankfully they make awesome cars and their service is great!

Reactions: BuggDDS
Text update - what's that?? I have never received one, but kept checking the page source to see when a VIN would be assigned. Got it assigned on 6/1 and started calling and chatting with people but all they could say was to wait..... Today, I notice on my Tesla account that a delivery appointment of 6/27 has been added to the 'Manage' section. No text nor call. Communication is not their strong suit. Thankfully they make awesome cars and their service is great!

I'm curious what options you ordered. I order an LR black on May 30th and haven't heard a word.