Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla increased Trade in Offer by almost $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

T3SLAROD

May 14, 2019
SoCal
Im looking into getting a Model Y during this end of quarter rush. I put in my information for my 2023 RWD with 15k miles last week and received an offer for $24,900. A couple of minutes ago I received text saying my offered had changed to $26700 plus $1k off my preferred paint color or interior. Not bad, but not sure I'll go through with it.

For anyone looking to get a better offer for their trade in, I would try now. Caravan was $26k and CarMax won't do online, in store only.

Im looking into getting a Model Y during this end of quarter rush. I put in my information for my 2023 RWD with 15k miles last week and received an offer for $24,900. A couple of minutes ago I received text saying my offered had changed to $26700 plus $1k off my preferred paint color or interior. Not bad, but not sure I'll go through with it.

For anyone looking to get a better offer for their trade in, I would try now. Caravan was $26k and CarMax won't do online, in store only.
Thanks for the info. We bought our Model 3 in April of ‘23, right after they dropped the price, like, three times. With the state rebate and the federal tax credit it was easy to pull the trigger.

Now I’m looking at the MY and wondering about trade-in value and tax credit/rebates and Tesla incentives again.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Thanks for the info. We bought our Model 3 in April of ‘23, right after they dropped the price, like, three times. With the state rebate and the federal tax credit it was easy to pull the trigger.

Now I’m looking at the MY and wondering about trade-in value and tax credit/rebates and Tesla incentives again.
You're probably the ideal candidate for this trade-in/end of quarter promotion. Bought when the vehicle qualified for the tax credit and had a bunch of inventory discounts.

I would heavily discourage anyone from using this trade in promo for a new model 3 highland, since your car's resale value will nosedive once it qualifies for the EV tax credit (Dec 2022 model 3 buyer here lol)

Forgot to add the text

IMG_1176.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. I just ran an estimate again. The number stayed the same but I’ll be curious to see if Tesla reaches out. I’m on the fence of trading in my 2019 M3 LR RWD for a 2024 MY LR AWD or MYP. Net cost to me after trade with all taxes and fees is $26K. If it were closer to $20K I’d do it.

My estimate did not go up but they did give me the exact value that was estimated. But between the inventory discount, fed tax credit, and paint credit, I was able to buy an MYP today for $39,540, and also got the FSD transfer, one year of premium connectivity, and 10,000 loyalty points. I think that’s about as good as anyone can expect for an MYP. I feel like they gave it away to make the sale. That’s a lot of car for under $40K.