Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love, Elon. Don't agree with these tweets.

OTOH, he is human and everyone handles the imminent threat of vaporization from an apocalyptic nuclear war in their own way. Perhaps he is freaking out. Perhaps he feels that the cavalier dismissal of such a possibility by most parties involved is not acceptable and as he is a man of action felt he had to try and do something in the form of floating possible solutions. Of course, people will be unhappy with this. It is a war.

I’m pretty discouraged this year. But all I know is that it’ll get better for us, guys. I don’t know when or how, but this market and the market’s reaction to Tesla, it will get better…someday.

Sofie, I still remember the day you joined this forum as an eager young investor. We promised you a roller-coaster did we not?

Some days I really hate Elon. What an idiot. Of all the dumb things he has tweeted today sets a new record.

And here I was being happy I had bought a little for the first time in like 18 months today.

1. Working with his teams to drive the entire planet towards a path to sustainability
2. Working with his teams to drive the entire planet towards being multi-planetary
3. Working with his teams to cure all brain diseases
4. SO MUCH MORE THAT'S UNDER THE RADAR

One tweet: bad guy? idiot?

Maybe some trust needs to be available for a guy doing a lot more than you...while, probably, lifting you and your family up too.

After some thought, apologies are in order on my part, @ByeByeJohnny. This is a really odd thing to happen and I got emotional about it rather than staying objective.

Rag on Elon's lame attempt on Twitter to avoid the all too real possibility nuclear exchange because the "adults in the room" have done SO well negotiating peace to prevent European war the last 3 centuries.
Wikipedia Link: Congress of Vienna

Excerpt:

In the 20th century, however, many historians came to admire the statesmen at the Congress, whose work prevented another widespread European war for nearly 100 years (1815–1914).

I think Elon is picturing himself as Hari Seldon from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. He doesn't want Ukraine to cede land to Russia, but he sees it as the most likely result of peace negotiations. And he thought that by showing people the most likely outcome early, they could come to that conclusion sooner and avoid more loss of life.

But most people read his Tweet and assume that it's what Elon wants, rather than what he's predicting will be.

Lots of respect for this guy.

I don’t agree with Musk on Ukraine (some fundamental flaws to the idea of re-opening the vote right now), but the fact that I disagree with him on one topic doesn’t change all the other things which I like and respect about him.

Musk makes cars and rockets, he doesn’t resolve international conflicts.

Quite often I feel like he should just STFU about things outside his bailiwick, but if he did… he wouldn’t be Musk.

Musk is a Physicist ...

I think Elon is picturing himself as Hari Seldon from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. He doesn't want Ukraine to cede land to Russia, but he sees it as the most likely result of peace negotiations. And he thought that by showing people the most likely outcome early, they could come to that conclusion sooner and avoid more loss of life.

But most people read his Tweet and assume that it's what Elon wants, rather than what he's predicting will be.
Haha, have you ever tried to convince a girl friend or guy friend that the person they are with is crazy and the most likely outcome is that they will break up?

I understand that the most favorable outcome is for Russians to retreat, Vlad gets thrown out, and the world punish Russia like they did with Germany after the world wars. And it's not unprecedented that this has happened before. Russia and the U.S were not very successful in Afghanistan despite overwhelming odds in each nation's favor. However...the wild card is Putin and that guy will break somethings before letting anything go, hence the most favorable outcome is unlikely. I fully believe Ukraine can win this war against Russia....but that's only if Putin decides not to cheat with nukes.

Reading the prior 2-3 pages of this thread provided a staggering amount of reasons my long-held distaste for Twitter is justified. That is NOT a platform for reasoned, informative deliberation, for disseminating important information or for any other productive purpose. Distancing oneself from it is the most appropriate way to demonstrate one's own maturity and ability to provide useful material to an otherwise dribble-starved world.

After some thought, apologies are in order on my part, @ByeByeJohnny. This is a really odd thing to happen and I got emotional about it rather than staying objective.
Had to read again to see why you would even feel that's necessary. I was not the least offended. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

In this case I just feel that any public figures should be more careful about how they propose highly controversial opinions.

And no matter who it is I will never side with a criminal that starts a war. In this case, to give Russia even a square inch of land will just mean they come after the Baltic countries and others next. It won't solve anything and will throw Europe into a new cold war for the next several decades. The Russians need to be thrown back behind their own borders. There is no other solution that is good for Europe.