Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jensen, NVIDIA CEO, live press conference with Ola Källenius, head of Mercedes-Benz right now...

Join Us For The NVIDIA & Mercedes-Benz Special Event

Taking from the Tesla playbook: the perpetual machine that keeps evolving through software updates.

I guess I should say congratulations.

Congrats to Mercedes in never being able to compete with Tesla on price. They're now having to split their profit with yet another middle man confirming they will never get to cost parity with Tesla.

Congrats to Nvidia for having your technology immediately limited and compromised by factors out of your control thanks to not having deep integration of electronics with Mercedes's cars.

You both deserve a lot of recognition ;)

The race for autonomous driving is on and today NVIDIA and Mercedes-Benz are announcing an agreement to advance the entire fleet of the German Automaker’s premium vehicles, with AI-enabled technology powered by NVIDIA’s autonomous vehicle compute platforms. Specifically, Mercedes-Benz will be employing NVIDIA’s new DRIVE platform technologies as standard equipment in all vehicles, starting in 2024.

So maybe in 2024 if they get the software ready. By then Tesla will have had HW4 in production for 1-2years.

While Tesla talked for hours about tech specs and picojoules per flops, Mercedes are talking about defining luxuary.

They did a good job of painting a picture of the future of Mercedes-Benz automotive. Very sleek rendered images of the future cars. Elon could do a bit more of that for Tesla. He's an expert in imagining the future when it comes to space travel and Mars colonization for SpaceX.

Jensen claiming that with this software-defined platform announcement, Mercedes-Benz has the first-mover advantage. Discounting anything that Tesla has accomplished in that area, amazing..,

EDIT: I take this back, Jensen just now recognized Tesla for their pioneering of software-defined and being the first with updates over the air. Also recognized Tesla for proving the business model.
The race for autonomous driving is on and today NVIDIA and Mercedes-Benz are announcing an agreement to advance the entire fleet of the German Automaker’s premium vehicles, with AI-enabled technology powered by NVIDIA’s autonomous vehicle compute platforms. Specifically, Mercedes-Benz will be employing NVIDIA’s new DRIVE platform technologies as standard equipment in all vehicles, starting in 2024.

So maybe in 2024 if they get the software ready. By then Tesla will have had HW4 in production for 1-2years.

While Tesla talked for hours about tech specs and picojoules per flops, Mercedes are talking about defining luxuary.
I love this. Even though the 2024 time frame is nebulous and represents a stretch goal, I respect Mercedes-Benz committing to a legit plan of action (even if it's more than 10 years behind Tesla).

Something is better than nothing.

And it's not just Morgan Stanley. If you look at some of the more bullish analysts (in terms of price targets) and what they're projecting, you have to be really excited if you believe Tesla can hit 2 million by 2023.

Deutsche Bank projects 1,360,000 deliveries in 2025. Their price target is $850.

Wedbush is projecting 1,200,000 deliveries in 2025. 1,740,000 in 2030. Their price target is $1,000.

No sellside analyst is projecting a quick ramp up of GF Shanghai and GF Berlin into their base models. And that is exciting.
You are correct, I should be happy about these projections. I expect Tesla to beat estimates every quarter for the foreseeable future if these "analysts" keep denying Tesla's future growth.

Might be time to buy a couple more call options...

Edit: Added two Sep $1200's at $62.

They did a good job of painting a picture of the future of Mercedes-Benz automotive. Very sleek rendered images of the future cars. Elon could do a bit more of that for Tesla.
:rolleyes:

Oh gawd! Are you kidding?

Just what we need, is for Elon to be more like Mercedes Benz! Just think where Tesla would be now, if only! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
TSLA is just wheezing along, BARELY able to stay near $1000/share> Sitting on its humongous $1000 butt.
THHHOUUUUSSSAAANNNND dollar a share butt. One Zero zero zero Butt.
Let that sink into your brain like a toad in the mud... Not Hong Kong Dollahs, not Kangaroo dollars. Real Dollars. A 1000 of em ...per share.
And it sits there, like it owns the chair and the table.
Just a year ago I wouldn't have bought TSLA even at a BOGO sale.
You truly weird people that somehow wanted to invest in TSLA back when it was likely to fail whether at $30 or $300/share. You guys should still be numb, or you haven't taken it all in...
You won. And it is not a hollow victory.

Fortunately there is a car which is shipping with Nvidia Drive this year, in fact starting in July: the Xpeng P7. It's only going to be sold in China but we will at least be able to see how good Nvidia Drive is today.

No one really knows this but people who underestimated Nvidia in the past have estimated half life about as long as people who underestimated Tesla. Nvidia is just more quiet and under the radar.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and JusRelax
You won. And it is not a hollow victory.

I haven't won until I don't have to inhale my neighbors exhaust in the morning, until I can go to the supermarket without breathing other peoples toxic waste gases, and until Jim Chanos is no longer invited on CNBC to tell us how Tesla is a big fat zero, that it's just a matter of time.

By baseball reckoning, the seventh inning stretch might happen around 2026 and those that stuck around to watch this most lop-sided game will only be there to finish what they started.

Last edited:
Fortunately there is a car which is shipping with Nvidia Drive this year, in fact starting in July: the Xpeng P7. It's only going to be sold in China but we will at least be able to see how good Nvidia Drive is today.

No one really knows this but people who underestimated Nvidia in the past have estimated half life about as long as people who underestimated Tesla. Nvidia is just more quiet and under the radar.

How will Nvidia keep the programs separate? I see problems ahead on sharing of tech.

Helping Tesla Q2: Getting my MCU1 upgraded to MCU2 next Monday ($2500), as well as the long awaited HW3 FSD computer installed. Stoked.

Was planning on a solar roof, but then the panel prices were lowered. Have to put that on hold as we're designing an addition which will change the roof profile. Not sure when that happens. Hopefully before year end.

So, only a small bump for Q2.

Was thinking earlier today a Model Y in Q3, as my wife's Camry hybrid died! I was real close to convincing her to finally part with her car. She loves that thing: I have no idea why. I hate it!

Being frugal, troubleshooting the problem showed the FOB battery was dead, and I already had a replacement, so no new Tesla for us till the Cybertruck I guess. :mad:

My S intimidates her, and I was only able to get her to drive it in a mall parking lot. o_O

Helping Tesla Q2: Getting my MCU1 upgraded to MCU2 next Monday ($2500), as well as the long awaited HW3 FSD computer installed. Stoked.

Was planning on a solar roof, but then the panel prices were lowered. Have to put that on hold as we're designing an addition which will change the roof profile. Not sure when that happens. Hopefully before year end.

Was thinking earlier today a Model Y in Q3, as my wife's Camry hybrid died! I was real close to convincing her to finally part with her car. She loves that thing: I have no idea why. I hate it!

Being frugal, troubleshooting the problem showed the FOB battery was dead, and I already had a replacement, so no new Tesla for us till the Cybertruck I guess. :mad:

My S intimidates her, and I was only able to get her to drive it in a mall parking lot. o_O
My wife's from Uganda. What's yours excuse?

Seems like you have backed yourself into a corner and no amount of sabotage or manipulation can fix it. Or can it?

Just be patient with her and use the same techniques you used to bring out her adventurous side in the bedroom! Before you know it, she'll be challenging teenagers at stoplights and catching air on city streets! :p