Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys forgetting model Y is still ramping at Fremont? quarterly capacity for 3&Y is due to be 125k before year end according to last earnings report. add the up to 22.5k S/X quarterly capacity and target 50k from Shanghai and production should have a good shot of hitting ~500k for year (or at least the 30-40% growth range mentioned by Elon at battery day, which translates to 478k-515k cars range)

upload_2020-10-2_8-41-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-2_8-40-43.png
    upload_2020-10-2_8-40-43.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 47
So... I know people had high expectations anyway, but looking at previous quarters charts...

View attachment 594514
(credit: galis hypercharts)

these numbers are very very VERY good.
Show me another car maker accelerating production (and lets not forget SALES) at this rate.
I would have been concerned if the production had been under 90k. 100k I was ok with, 120 very happy, 145k? VERY happy, for this to be during covid too, is amazing. Strong HOLD from me.

Also am I right in seeing a 50% increase QoQ on S/X?

Robs livestream is a hilarious s-show because audio echo right now, but here’s his update on that chart.
A7060EC1-6B4C-4BF4-AA3D-17341B7491D2.jpeg

edit: Removed the bad livestream link. Most likely Rob pulled the video down due to the audio issues this am (which were hilarious). He mentioned that due to the tech issues, he will likely post his usual daily show later today.

Last edited:
That’s a big ask. I think we may fall a bit short considering production in Q3 was 145K. They’d need to increase by at least 25% to have a chance. But then again, it’s Tesla so they may be able to pull it off.

Having completed all the tooling in both Fremont and Shanghai including the additional assembly lines I think they are fully prepared to ramp up for Q4. I expect China will produce 50K in the final quarter which will include some Model Ys. That means Fremont will need to produce about 135-140K and they have the capacity for that. Remember this Q3 production number is with the one week shutdown in Fremont for tooling and almost two weeks shutdown in Shanghai for annual inspection.

Also, Elon has repeatedly said that this quarter were very challenging in terms of supply chain and manufacturing so hopefully those problems are behind us and we can have the plants running efficiently and producing those beautiful cars faster.

If you look at the Q2-Q3 jump, the Q3-4 jump to meet 500k is easily doable for Tesla, especially given the ramping of china, and how in china at least, covid seems to be in the rear view mirror.
I'm assuming 500k for the year is now a done deal, barring super-exceptional events (earthquakes etc)

Wasn’t the factory shut down for most of Q2? It’s slightly disingenuous to point to a jump in production the following quarter when it was open the whole time....

3Q profits secured.(+Should be without credits as well -- TSLAQ talking point )
Another round of S&P Blues/FOMO will kick in soon.

475K deliveries and we will be off by 5% on some projection of 500K made years ago. That too with COVID 2020 year. I think game plan is in place.

Time to close some CC's today and wait for the bounce next week.

+Election talking points are gonna change, science, health care guidelines can no longer be denied/ignored.

Last edited: