Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, if 500k out of China… to be crystal clear its a long shot. Possible?

From insidEV published in Oct.

“Over the past 12 months, Tesla has produced over 430,000 EVs in Fremont, which is an all-time high for the plant. The company intends to increase the volume to an even higher level.”

1M would be qualify as a “Big Surprise” for sure.

Reactions: betstarship

Fairly even-handed article on Chevy's Bolt problems and not overly sensational treatment of battery fire challenges in general.
Forward Observing

@Thumper, I read the article and almost saw it through your eyes until the picture of a burning inferno of a Model S. The author even states only the one Tesla Model S fire. GMC has a horrible record when it comes to Electric cars. ~ any where from removing electric cars from the market place to recalling 141K cars due to fires.

Society as a whole is scared to death right now as technology reshapes the landscape. The author unwittingly showed that with layoffs associated with LG Electric’s failed batteries, employees only get unemployment benefits and some company compensation totaling between 75% to 80% of their pay. Why is LG not footing full pay for laid off workers. Does GM’s President or CEO not care about their employees? GM’s President/CEO is receiving full compensation ~ is that person not?

As I pointed out to The Washington Post readers ~ GMC is focused on the low to middle income buyers. They, buyers, cannot recover from a fire, yet nothing was said, as I recall, about their compensation. People, probably good people, cannot recover easily from that loss. I speak to this as a person that lost his son twenty plus years ago in a fossil fuel fire.

Bottom line, at the bottom, this story feeds into fear, and all the disinformation that feeds fear.

On the up side. Years ago when fighting the good fight of the right to sell directly to consumers, everyone was scoffing at the less than one per cent consumer buying. The author says now less than five percent. I take that as a, YES!

@Thumper, please do not take this as a slight against you. My brain rattles around trying to make sense of all the BS ~ good or bad.

Tesla sent out the official consensus the other day to analysts. It's much lower than 285k, 266k to be exact.

Tesla has been doing this all year because bogus analysts like Gordon try to up their estimates to some ridiculous number to skew the number in the final week of the quarter.

It’s worth pointing out that the average forecast for Tesla vehicle deliveries from all of those experts for 2022-2025 are quite low.

Those analysts are forecasting incremental production increases of ~400k every year. In other words, simply assuming the same capacity addition Tesla achieved this year for the next 4 years. Whereas Tesla guides 50% average annual growth. I guess they either don’t get exponential growth or assume “the competition is coming”

By 2025, the difference in these forecasts is a factor of two.

Expect continued TSLA price target adjustments as reality unfolds over the next few years.

This appears to be a major fire caused by a transformer explosion, and/or downed power lines, with at least two cities being evacuated at this point. High winds, ~110 MPH, have caused the fire to spread very rapidly. A little more information here:

It has just immolated our aunt’s house in Superior. She got out with her dog, clothes on her back, and that’s it. No papers, documents….nothing else.
Pretty tough for someone who just finished her latest round of radiation/chemo.

This is off topic but I insert it to provide some perspective on what is important in life, and to count one’s blessings.

If so, is it then at all possible for 1M total For 2021? Fremont pumping them out in Dec as well right? Tesla begging to sell Plaids recently, deliveries pulled in. I haven’t been following total of all factories for the year, but I do remember 1M as being a dream shot several moons ago, mostly out of this thread. Again I’m only asking as I dont know.
Not sure of deliveries being pulled in… Elon mentioned Q4 is the beginning of the unwinding of the wave.

Case in point: until yesterday my Model S estimated delivery was “Dec 29-31”. I received an email from my delivery manager last week asking if I had a trade-in. I responded no, and that I would like to take delivery this year and pay cash. Not heard back from him since. Today, estimated delivery got changed to “Jan 1-10”.

Guys this is over the top so just message me. Don't put it in the thread.

I had a model Y on hold that was at the lower price and even had FSD at 7 K.

So I think I just ordered. But no EMAIL, No Hedge hoge.
Uploaded license and filed in name and address.
Showed me the pricing and everything looked good.

Last screen had Prepare for delivery checked.
Delivery location checked.
Registration checked.
Trade in (not available at this time)

I had my order on hold until December 31st.
Don't want to blow it.

Should I call tomorrow or am I fine ?

Reactions: jbcarioca
So, Elon posted this to Twitter eight hours ago. Maybe this is why he sold more than needed Tesla shares.

0D0B54D7-D011-44D6-828F-7571726921DC.jpeg

So, Elon posted this to Twitter eight hours ago. Maybe this is why he sold more than needed Tesla shares.

View attachment 750237
Ross said Fed rate increase next summer will cause a flatting of the long bonds yield curve as right now sits at 1.5%. This signal recession. His prediction is that the Fed is not going to do anything in 2022 but if they do raise rates x2 as promised, he will go 100% cash/bond if there's a third rate hike. So this recession prediction is probably based on when the feds will raise rates(or said they would). However long bond rates are still trash which means the market is telling the fed raising rates will cause a recession.