Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Weekend Social

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kipernicus

Model S Res#P1440
Dec 2, 2009
Belmont, CA
Please post photos and stories in this thread!

tweekend.jpg

Attended Oak brook IL,

Spent about 15min on Summon then open for questions. Talked about the X and had a Demo of the X outside, if you wanted, you could take the X for a test drive.

About 25-30 people attended. It was nice talking with 2-3 year owners that still love the car. Made me feel better about my purchase. I have had the S for 3 weeks and am loving it.

Will be attending all the events..

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
San Diego had a nice event. About 30 people waiting for the doors to open at 10:00 am.

They had a nice assortment of drinks and pastries. We got the chance to speak with other owners, share experiences and talk to some eagerly awaiting delivery.

Bonus was a beautiful Metallic white Model X in the showroom next to a Red multi coat Model S.

You could easily go between the two cars, and compare and contrast their features.

Consensious is that the Model S is the better looking of the two, but the Model X us much more spacious and super easy to get into and out of, no matter which seats you are comparing.

There was a nice welcoming speech where Storm thanked all the S & X customers as they were the ones that provided the money and manufacturing experience that is making the Model 3 possible.

They had existing customers tell of their personal experiences with Summons. While a couple just used it to entertain their friends, others have found it to be very helpful.

Some users mentioned that Summons is till in Beta stage, and some have been pushing the envelope (at their own peril) looking for circumstances where it might fail or damage the car. Same thing with the Falcon Wing Doors. It was mentioned, that they should be used with good common sense, just as a normal door should be careful of your surroundings before opening or closing them.

Just like in any vehicle, children especially should be warned to keep fingers etc out of the way when closing the doors and be aware of your surroundings before opening them up.

Most everything was very positive, and we then were led up to the top of the parking structure where an employee demonstrated the proper way to use summons to back out of and re-enter a close parking space. It was interesting to watch the steering wheel fiddle back and forth as the car silently parked and unparked itself.

While this is new in the industry, I would imagine that it will open up an entire new form of automatous driving.

Many went back into the showroom to have more questions answered and to examine all the nooks and cranies of the new Model X.

It was mentioned that Tesla is awaiting feedback on this type of event, and it might be a more common experience where each event can focus of the latest capabilities of Tesla's vehicles.

Attended Oak brook IL,

Spent about 15min on Summon then open for questions. Talked about the X and had a Demo of the X outside, if you wanted, you could take the X for a test drive.

About 25-30 people attended. It was nice talking with 2-3 year owners that still love the car. Made me feel better about my purchase. I have had the S for 3 weeks and am loving it.

Will be attending all the events..
I was also at Oak Brook. Good presentation by the staff. Coffee and Donuts, etc. Good to BS with fellow owners and also get a nice intro to the Model X (and a short drive). I'll also be attending all of these as they come up.