Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate Super Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslamate (and others) just report what the BMS is giving them. Since you only used 0.2 kwh and 0.7 on the two trips, that is a VERY VERY low number where even a tenth will make a large difference. I don't know what the precision of the data the BMS provides over the API, but you can bet it's not terribly precise. Couple that with that value is an "average" of the thousands of cell readings, and you can see where imprecision might occur.

Try a longer drive, like much longer. And look at consumption trends over time to get a real value of how your car is behaving.
I do not believe TeslaMate is pulling any efficiency data from the API, nor do I actually know of any public BMS endpoints. TeslaMate is actually calculating (and recalculating) the efficiency post-charge sessions. See more information here Frequently Asked Questions | TeslaMate

• Informative
Reactions: focher
Sorry I’ve looked everywhere but how exactly does Teslamate define the calculation for “Efficiency”?
I do not believe TeslaMate is pulling any efficiency data from the API, nor do I actually know of any public BMS endpoints. TeslaMate is actually calculating (and recalculating) the efficiency post-charge sessions. See more information here Frequently Asked Questions | TeslaMate

Attachments

• A17E41D9-07FB-4C84-B24A-0EA3D06DAEDB.png
    A17E41D9-07FB-4C84-B24A-0EA3D06DAEDB.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 115
Like others I’ve followed instructions to install Teslamate on an instance of Google Cloud using their free tier. I just got a notification that the free trial will end. Anyone know what I need to do to continue using the free tier? I thought I read that it can continue indefinitely if you don’t use too much resources.

Like others I’ve followed instructions to install Teslamate on an instance of Google Cloud using their free tier. I just got a notification that the free trial will end. Anyone know what I need to do to continue using the free tier? I thought I read that it can continue indefinitely if you don’t use too much resources.
I am not a Google Cloud user, but looks like functions / products of Google Cloud are free. See the second bullet. But you have a 90 day / $300 trial.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I am not a Google Cloud user, but looks like functions / products of Google Cloud are free. See the second bullet. But you have a 90 day / $300 trial.
FWIW, I just "activated" my GCP account as a real billeable customer. I did confirm with them that my setup should not incur any charges as long as I stay within the parameters of the free tier. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: cwanja