TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla's Open House - Motor Trend

Discussion in 'News' started by PopSmith, Oct 16, 2010.

1. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/1010_tesla_open_house/index.html

This article was just posted on Thursday. I found a bit of interesting tid-bits in it that the forum might enjoy. :biggrin:

When speaking of the Model S battery pack they said:
    Finally:

2. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Popsmith,

Those were good points that you pulled form the article. One other point that I thought was interesting was the deminsions of the Model S battery pack. I feel the article highlights is Tesla's strengthen as the leader of EV vehicles.

3. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

From Motor Trend about the pack:

That's a pretty massive battery pack indeed. According to RSportsCars the Model S' wheelbase is 116.5-inches.

It was a nice article indeed. I was glad to read a positive article about Tesla from MT after their Editor-in-Chief, Angus MacKenzie, ripped on the Roadster (and Tesla in general) by saying it wasn't significant compared to the Volt.

He (conveniently) forgot to mention that Lutz himself has said that without the Roadster the Volt would still be a pipe dream.

4. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay