TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blog Tesla's Solar Roof Boss to Leave Company

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by TMC Staff, Jul 19, 2017.

1. TMC Staff

Peter Rive, a co-founder and chief technology officer of SolarCity, is leaving the company, according to a report from Greentech Media. Rive was heavily involved in developing Tesla’s solar roof, which went on sale in the spring. “Work on Solar Roof is being transitioned to other Tesla engineering leaders, who are among the brightest, most...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

• Informative x 1
  2. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

I don't think the Rives ever wanted to focus on residential customer products. Yes, they wanted to provide microgrids to those same end users, but their focus has always been in the macro.

3. azred

azred Member

I have a hunch the Rives and the Musks won't be attending the same social events any tme soon.

4. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Active Member

Why? They're cousins and have essentially worked together on Tesla Energy since the beginning. The Rives seem to like working the system in the background not the consumer facing space where Tesla increasingly lives. I imagine they'll be backed by Elon in whatever their next endeavor turns out to be.

• Like x 2