Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THC_d0014_coolant error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 2016 MX. I'm getting "THC_d0014_coolant" alert in Active alerts that would not go away. I tried to google the error but not finding much information. The closest thing that I was able to find is that it might be the coolant temperature sensor. I have looked thought Tesla online catalog to see if I can find where that sensor is located, but came up empty handed.

Has anyone dealt with this error message before? Do you know where this coolant temperature sensor might be located on a MX?

Any help will be appreciated.

I have the same error code, despite taking my 2017 MX in for service for "coolant levels low" warning last week. Interestingly, my car is now unable to supercharge, works fine at a regular home charger, but wont do anything when connected to the supercharger. Is yours the same?

I have the same error code, despite taking my 2017 MX in for service for "coolant levels low" warning last week. Interestingly, my car is now unable to supercharge, works fine at a regular home charger, but wont do anything when connected to the supercharger. Is yours the same?
No, mine actually superchargers with no issues. The only issue that I'm seeing is that my regen is not working most of the time and it takes very long time for the regen to start working again. Oh and supercharging is very slow about 40-50kw.

interesting - my regen is taking ages as well, i thought it was just because it was cold, but taking a lot longer to get rid of the yellow dashes on the energy screen.
Have a service booked for next week, so assume i will know more then, but weird it doesnt produce an error on the main screen and you have to go into the service screen to see it

interesting - my regen is taking ages as well, i thought it was just because it was cold, but taking a lot longer to get rid of the yellow dashes on the energy screen.
Have a service booked for next week, so assume i will know more then, but weird it doesnt produce an error on the main screen and you have to go into the service screen to see it
Same here, I would not know about this if I didn't go to the service menu. My yellow dashes don't disappear until I go to the supercharger. I really think there is a a temp sensor that doesn't read the coolant temp properly and it not giving the right values.

Let me know how your appointment goes. I wonder what they will find for you.

I did a bit more research and it seems it might be a temperature sensor next to the battery heater. I think I even found where that sensor is located, which is all the back by the firewall. I can see it (I think) but I can't get to it without either dropping the subframe or some other magical way.

Good news. I got my issues resolved. I had THC_d0014_coolant and THC_d0021_RCCMActuator alerts. I found someone who has access to Tesla's toolbox. Both alerts went away as soon as we did Thermal System test. it took few minutes, but as soon as test finished, both alerts went away and hasn't come back after about 30 miles drive. Supercharging seems to be faster as well. I can't confirm it 100% however since it is in 70s today and the battery didn't cool down as much as it did before. Hope that helps.