Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The tjllew Roadster story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a 2010 Roadster new to Seattle since Nov 2021. Yep - just in time for Thanksgiving!

I've wanted a convertible electric for years. Also love the Lotus Elise. And blue. Talk about a Slam dunk match!
Found this one in Chicago and I'm always looking for an excuse to drive it. My BMW 328i is no longer fun!

I have #539: Electric Blue 2010 Roadster 2.5 base, 40k miles. Powder coat sport wheels, premium audio and nav. Professionally rebalanced batteries and that "leaky cabin" common to Roadsters was sealed. Still get some Seattle rain on freeway drives, otherwise dry.

Was a bit worried about manual steering, but it's fine once the wheels are rolling. Handling just as wonderful as my BMW and road feel actually a bit better. Didn't think anything could out handle a BMW!

Being so low to the ground is a hoot. Don't notice it till a car or for sure truck pulls up and towers over me. Then in 3.9 secs they are just a dot in my rear view mirror.

Quiet, fast acceleration that makes me chuckle. Funny how this car makes a lot of others want to go fast!
_Jeff RoadsterCS-10.jpg
I'm a pretty pokey driver usually, but it is fun on Pac Hwy, to have someone at the light revving a loud annoying motor that gets left in silent dust on green.

Nifty! Looks a lot like mine. I love the manual steering and the feel of the road--except when parallel parking. A difference in our cars--I never (well, almost never) put the top up!

Was a bit worried about manual steering, but it's fine once the wheels are rolling. Handling just as wonderful as my BMW and road feel actually a bit better. Didn't think anything could out handle a BMW!

Being so low to the ground is a hoot. Don't notice it till a car or for sure truck pulls up and towers over me. Then in 3.9 secs they are just a dot in my rear view mirror.

Quiet, fast acceleration that makes me chuckle. Funny how this car makes a lot of others want to go fast!

Your description really made me smile and miss #609!

• Love
Reactions: Retiredeh
Many of us have a Roadster story with a lot of similarities to yours. It's fun to hear it again! We also own a couple of newer Teslas but driving them just reinforces my opinion that the Roadster was the best car Tesla ever made. Welcome to the forum. I hope you continue to have an awesome ride!

• Love
Reactions: augkuo and DeedWest