Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is what happened to my battery (drain) last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was charged at 270miles yesterday. Drove a couple of errands and parked it (not plugged in) with 240 miles left on the battery. Today I tried to "contact" the car to turn on the heat. Phone would not connect. Went out to car, screen would not light up and I "possibly" heard the heater running. I had to reboot the computer. Regenerative braking was not working the whole way to the Acme (about 8 miles). Yes it was cold, but I've owned the car long enough to believe that possibly something wasn't right. Came out of acme, drove home and all is working fine.

Ok, the why the title? Because when I rebooted the computer there was only 150 miles on the battery. Where did 90 miles go? At most I lose maybe 3 miles a night. My guess? Is that the climate control was somehow on despite me never turning it on. A check after I got home showed that it was not turned on.

I just checked my phone, it says the interior is 74 degrees. It cant be if the climate control is turned off. Its 40 outside and I doubt the Sun is keeping it at that temperature although it is possible.

Just throwing this information out there. There is a mystery somewhere here.

Yesterday I charged at a place that had a Tesla wall connector. I charged to exactly 200 miles. I drove 4.2 miles home and when I arrived out showed 185 miles remaining! Also, 100% charge is 295 miles. When I called Tesla they said, “Well the car adapts to your driving habits”. When I was recently at a Tesla service center to visit friends and brought it up thy said the exact same words! I guess it’s a quote from the Tesla problem play book. The fact is I’m retired and don’t drive that much. Car is 6 months old and has 3100 miles so maybe they are right????? Can anyone enlighten me?