Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tighten fitment of interior Dash/Airbag cover on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'23 Model 3 Performance (Fremont)

hello everyone...

Noticed my passenger side air bag cover is noticeable higher than the drivers side, relative to the increased distance in opening for the air vent across the dash. It's roughly 1 1/4" to 3/8" of increased runout compared to my drivers side. I understand its not a huge deal but I can see that its definitely higher on the passenger side as it looks like its not properly secured correctly during production.

Anyone have a similar issue like me? was wondering if this can be a easy fix.

I prefer not taking it to Tesla about this as they'll probably tell me its "within spec"

dash2.jpg

I think the wood cover part can easily be removed and readjusted and migh fix the issue?

Maybe just puch hard on the very top part of the dash cover to check if everything is holding tight.

Or maybe, after removing this wood cover, you could see if anything looks wrong, like an air vent or a flap not correctly installed?

Otherwise, unless the air flow is not moving up and down or left and right as expected, or is there is any rattles
when driving on a bad road surface, I don't this that I would worry too much about it.

But if still under warranty, this could be checked, if you live close to a service center otherwise a ranger could stop by your place.

Last edited: