Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire replacement for 2021 Model S Long Range Plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the bad luck of having two of my original tires develop slow leaks. I have 22k miles on these 19" tires. I plan to replace the tires (I don't trust "tire repair").
Question 1: is it better to get new tires from Tesla, or to go to a local tire dealer?
Question 2: I assume Tesla offers one option, but the tire dealer has many. So, any recommendations?
Thanks for any thoughts/insight!

I just had the bad luck of having two of my original tires develop slow leaks. I have 22k miles on these 19" tires. I plan to replace the tires (I don't trust "tire repair").
Question 1: is it better to get new tires from Tesla, or to go to a local tire dealer?
Question 2: I assume Tesla offers one option, but the tire dealer has many. So, any recommendations?
Thanks for any thoughts/insight!
Why don’t you trust tire repair? I’ve never had an issue with a repaired tire. Assuming the tires have some miles left you’re just throwing money away. Do you even know what’s causing the leak? Might be a valve?

Never buy tires from any car dealer or service center. Go to a business that specializes in tires. Recommend Discount Tire, better prices, better service, free tire repair and rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
Upvote 0