Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TMC's Premier Aftermarket Support | Wheels, Suspension, Styling Parts, & More | MODEL+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Autocross 1​

Took off in the morning with 100% charge just to be safe. I wasn't sure how much SOC to expect by the time I needed to do my runs. It's still fairly chilly here in the Pacific Northwest, so I had to run the heater and all that.

Rendezvoused with some A/X friends for coffee bright and early.
View attachment 650689

Arrived at Portland International Raceway shortly after.
Had to go through tech inspection since this was the first event of the year with ORPCA.

View attachment 650701View attachment 650697

I've always enjoyed running with Oregon's Porsche Club. Not as competitive and usually a chiller atmosphere. I just needed a safe place to push the car's capabilities and experience how the parts interact with each other. Classification is simple - there were the Porsche specific classes, then Non-Porsche FWD, RWD, AWD.

Plus, we were accompanied by these toys. Who's really complaining?

View attachment 650695

View attachment 650696

Video​

Impressions​

View attachment 650699

Power / Electronics​

As you can see in the video, I was able to get the car sideways on demand.
This was achieved by using the Ingenext Bonus Module to completely disable traction/stability control and regenerative braking.
It was an interesting experience because there was no engine noise in relation to the amount of power sent to the rear wheels.

The "go pedal" felt more like an on-off switch, making it difficult to "roll" into the throttle. But if I kept all the electronic nannies on, there was no way to put the power down properly. I could go around a corner with the pedal mashed to the floor and the car would putt around without the slightest urgency in the world, in the name of safety of course...

Suspension​

Considering I'm on MountainPass Performance "Comfort" Coilovers, the car still performed exceptionally well. I understand when the car is pushed like this, my ride height is not the most ideal. There were definitely parts of the course where the suspension could've benefited from extra travel.

Regardless, this setup is miles better than stock suspension or lowering springs would have yielded me. I don't believe my skill level has reached the suspension's capabilities, but I'd like to address some body roll via sway bars and damping/rebound adjustability down the line.

Braking​

No complaints with the stock brakes whatsoever. Didn't exeperience any notable brake fade during these short autocross runs.
Having the ability to turn off regenerative braking was good for predictability and consistency. With that being said, it wouldn't hurt to improve brake pedal feel with MountainPass Performance Master Cylinder Brace and possibly stainless steel lines.

Tires​

235/35 - 265/30 Falken Azenis FK510 Summer Performance Tires.
They got the car around the cones fine but a 265/40 Michelin PS4S square setup would've been more ideal.

Charge​

I was right on the money for starting the day with a full charge.
SOC @ 87% at arrival to PIR.
SOC @ 74% after 7 (~41 sec) runs.
Just exactly what I needed for the car to have max power where it counted.

Miscellanous Notes​

SR+ weighs nearly 500lbs less than Long Range or Performance models. This directly benefits agility and weight transfer of the car. This is not to be overlooked considering there are people out there who will put in great efforts just to remove a few pounds here and there around their car.
More importantly, this weight is directly removed from the front axle from the absent of an electric motor to power the front wheels. I suspect we could get quite competitive in autocross if we were to set the car up properly and gain more seat time.

I find the usable power range in these cars to be very ideal for autocross. As most may know, these cars tend to lose steam on the top end regardless of performance variants. It's that 10-65mph range these cars really throw down.

Complaint - The seats are comfortable for daily driving duties. However, they're not supportive at all when you're putting the car through its lateral limits. That's the only real complaint I have so far.

View attachment 650700

That's all I have for now!

Danny
Hi Danny, what is offset front and rear on your setup. And lowerings, how much is it down? This one of the best looking wheel setup I´ve seen on any MT3 :). Thx

Studio Build Update​

Forgiato E Vecolo EV 001 Wheels made specifically for Tesla Model 3 & Model Y.

Playing catch up now with new wheels. These sort of landed on my lap with one of our distributors. We ended up being the first to demo these outside of Forgiato HQ.

Even the company known for making gaudy rapper wheels wants a piece of this EV pie... and we're okay with this.
Definitely caught a lot of attention on social media and you can probably see why...

View attachment 664037

View attachment 664035

Image_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Image_994685be-bd86-40d6-ba00-f65b4afba012_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Here's the kicker - the covers come off!

Image_e9a2dc47-5c98-4c89-af9d-2fba10f2548d_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Image_d54b2845-31a5-4834-bf02-7942a03aa126_1024x1024@2x.jpg

The wheel itself is actually a really clean simple design. It's even compatible with OEM Tesla center caps, making this wheel super versatile.
PENINSULATRUCKLINESE_1024x1024@2x.jpg

We now have these in limited quantities and ready to ship out!

Danny
Like these for my MY Long Range, but wanted to message you about details. How do I DM on this site?

Like these for my MY Long Range, but wanted to message you about details. How do I DM on this site?

You dont have enough posts to send a private message / direct message (PM / DM). Not sure how many you need but its somewhere around 10 or so, to initiate a PM. This is to prevent scamming / spamming in PMs which does happen.

You will be able to reply to a PM though, so tagging @MODEL+ and asking them to PM you should work to get their attention (tagged them for you in this thread).

Reactions: MODEL+
You dont have enough posts to send a private message / direct message (PM / DM). Not sure how many you need but its somewhere around 10 or so, to initiate a PM. This is to prevent scamming / spamming in PMs which does happen.

You will be able to reply to a PM though, so tagging @MODEL+ and asking them to PM you should work to get their attention (tagged them for you in this thread).
I see. Thanks!

Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser & Decklid Spoiler Highlight

As promised, took advantage of the rare sunshine here in the Pacific Northwest.
This 2x2 Pre-Preg Glossy Carbon BEAMS under sunlight!!! :cool:

View attachment 645493
View attachment 645496
View attachment 645495
View attachment 645497
View attachment 645502

Like I mentioned in previous post, these carbon pieces weigh next to nothing. However, they ship in large boxes so take advantage of free shipping from us!

View attachment 645504
View attachment 645505

would the tow hitch for the Y still be accessible?

Hi Danny. Fellow Portlander here. I need to buy a set of Bluetooth TPMS sensors for our soon to be delivered Model Y (winter wheel set). I wanted to ask if you will be running any special TMC black friday or cyber monday sale? Thanks!
Hello, I have those sensors on hand. Just let me know!

APEX is currently offering 15% off on wheels:

Message me and let me know what you may be interested in specifically and I can see what I can do!

Thanks,
Dann7

I see you mentioned you would be working on KW v3 settings for street comfort and track use. Did you find any favorite settings for street comfort you'd be willing to share? I'm tweaking mine step by step but it's a long process :rolleyes: :cool:

Hey Danny

I recently picked up a set of KW V3s for my performance 3. Did you ever publish the adjustments for the different settings you mentioned?
Studio Build Update
We just replaced MPP Comfort Non-Adjustable Coilovers in our studio's demo car with KW V3 Coilovers.
1619888235454-jpeg.658668

1619888269714-jpeg.658669

With the wide range of adjustments these coilovers offer, we will be doing extensive dynamic testing to find the best settings for different use cases.
dsc00856-jpg.658667
dsc00859-jpg.658666

Ideally, we will come up with different numerical value adjustments for the following scenarios:
  1. Max Comfort
  2. Comfort Street
  3. Street Performance
  4. Max Performance

Lastly, we are running a promo on this kit for the TMC community.
If you're interested, please send us a message or email us - [email protected]

Thanks,
Danny

Reactions: Kvitravn
I see you mentioned you would be working on KW v3 settings for street comfort and track use. Did you find any favorite settings for street comfort you'd be willing to share? I'm tweaking mine step by step but it's a long process :rolleyes: :cool:

Hey Danny

I recently picked up a set of KW V3s for my performance 3. Did you ever publish the adjustments for the different settings you mentioned?

Thanks for your guys' interest. We did take the time to test & tune settings for different wheels/tires setups using KW V3. This information is reserved exclusively for our clients and installers who purchased this suspension kit through us. Thanks for understanding!

Danny

Reactions: Kvitravn
Black Friday & Holiday Sale 2022

Find all our deals and holiday savings here:

Of course, if you have any questions or looking for anything specific, you can message us or email [email protected]

Regards,
Danny

Hi Danny,

I am interested in a set of Ohm Proton 18X8.5 in black for my M3P. Just want to make sure of the fitment. In addition, is it in stock? Is there a discount code?

Thank you so much!

Ylli
Hi Ylli,

At this moment, only Gloss Black 20x9 +30 Ohm Protons are available. I can secure this set for you if you're okay with 20"
It's plug and play.

ohm-proton-gloss-black-white-tesla-model-3-18.jpg
ohm-proton-gloss-black-white-tesla-model-3-5.jpg

Also, feel free to email me at [email protected] !

Regards,
Danny