Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My power lift gate was out of adjustment thanks to Tesla service center! And it bumped the short ceiling in garage and got chipped. I got correction paint and it is Silver let’s be real! It’s not pearl white! It’s silver. I’m testing different shades of pearl white nail polishes to see if I can find a good match. If so, I apply clear coat after to seal it and and then buff it. Will keep you updated.

p.s. been to service center so many times that I don’t bother arguing with them on it. Maybe in future I put OEM Carbon fiber spoiler on top of it and it cover it. I should save bucks for the rainy days though!

Reactions: BitJam
I found a nail polish which is almost exact match to my color paint. I have covered the chip with that nail polish. Tomorrow I apply second coating and then will seal it with clear coat. Look at the photos to see the color and end result. Color code is Essie Marshmallow 024. Hope that matches your paint too. The brand has 4 shades of white and it is pretty cheap. (9 bucks in target)

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Reactions: BitJam
Hello PedramGh!

I’ve been scouring the interwebs for several hours in an effort to find suitable touch up for my son’s 2021 pearl white Model 3 and your post from a few years back came up. You said Essie has 4 shades of white and their Marshmallow color worked for you. Heading to Target tomorrow to buy the Essie 024 you were pleased with (on a time crunch, so no time for online vendors others have recommended) and would appreciate an update on your results and any additional thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

I found a nail polish which is almost exact match to my color paint. I have covered the chip with that nail polish. Tomorrow I apply second coating and then will seal it with clear coat. Look at the photos to see the color and end result. Color code is Essie Marshmallow 024. Hope that matches your paint too. The brand has 4 shades of white and it is pretty cheap. (9 bucks in target)

Following up on my post.

Essie Marshmallow 024, is an excellent match for the Pearl White Multi-Coat on my sons Model 3. Only downside is application.

Sags on vertical surfaces are difficult to avoid, even when applying multiple thin coats (I used a toothpick) but from a few feet, who cares? I only touched up the more obvious chips. When you’re up close and personal with the front bumper, dings appear everywhere and the challenge becomes deciding when to quit. Guess Matt will lose points at Pebble Beach. 😀

First world problem…