Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow truck driver - disable alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived home at my apartment garage to find a tow truck driver hooking up a Tesla Model X that was illegally parked (it actually wasn't but that's another story).

The wrecket driver had already setup the rear wheels and hooked up the front wheels - so he was doing it right so all 4 wheels would be off the pavement.

Then, as he raised the Tesla front end using the towing arm the car alarm went off (super loud in an enclosed parking garage!).

Within just a few seconds the wrecker driver quickly went back to his truck and a second or two later the alarm stopped.

It is possible that he had the fob but I kinda doubt it as the car was being towed without the owner's knowledge (again, found it later it was a mistake - owner very unhappy!).

So - question is how did the tow truck driver turn off the alarm? I don't think it timed out - it was a very short time.

Do tow truck drivers have some way of disabling an alarm? I wouldn't have thought that but can't explain why, in this case, the alarm was turned off so quickly.

Arrived home at my apartment garage to find a tow truck driver hooking up a Tesla Model X that was illegally parked (it actually wasn't but that's another story).

The wrecket driver had already setup the rear wheels and hooked up the front wheels - so he was doing it right so all 4 wheels would be off the pavement.

Then, as he raised the Tesla front end using the towing arm the car alarm went off (super loud in an enclosed parking garage!).

Within just a few seconds the wrecker driver quickly went back to his truck and a second or two later the alarm stopped.

It is possible that he had the fob but I kinda doubt it as the car was being towed without the owner's knowledge (again, found it later it was a mistake - owner very unhappy!).

So - question is how did the tow truck driver turn off the alarm? I don't think it timed out - it was a very short time.

Do tow truck drivers have some way of disabling an alarm? I wouldn't have thought that but can't explain why, in this case, the alarm was turned off so quickly.
Did you get an answer? We just had a ticket put on the car and saw the tow truck driver use a phob of some type as he walked away. Video caught him but no loud noise. It was on for this.