Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toybox, Theater and all those extra bits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!
Been a long time :)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a theory about why we haven't gotten things like TikTok, Disney+, Boombox, etc., yet.
I don't see how it would be a licensing issue (at least for some of them). But it might be...
They aren't exactly top priority for me, but it would be nice to take advantage of the sound system to watch some of the Disney+ shows. :D

Anyway, Have a great day!
See you around Kansai!

Reactions: hiroshiy
@TesQuestJapan, thank you for posting!

I think TikTok is available in Japan on smartphones, so it's a matter of time coming to Tesla. Tesla Japan might be worried about the bandwidth we use on Tesla mobile LTE network... (NTT DoCoMo charges Tesla per GB basis for bandwidth).

Re; Disney+, could be a licensing issue.

Re; Boombox, it may be a regulation issue in Japan. Here, the horn should sound like a horn, and shouldn't be mistaken as something else, like music or goat sound. You are OK to play music outside of your car if it's not too loud. As a type-approved car manufacturer, Tesla Japan needs to convince the government that Boombox is not a horn, and implement it via buttons without using the horn button.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: TesQuestJapan
Upvote 0