Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are not. I had new dubs put on the Model 3 and the shop had to reuse the original TPMS. They stock all standard TPMS (including Model S/X), but Model 3 used something new and different. Probably need to get it from the Service Center.

Also, note that the TPMS is a sensor that is different from the tire itself.

They are not. I had new dubs put on the Model 3 and the shop had to reuse the original TPMS. They stock all standard TPMS (including Model S/X), but Model 3 used something new and different. Probably need to get it from the Service Center.

I wonder if it's just a different frequency. What happens if you run the old wheels without them? Just a low tire pressure warning?

I just called my local parts department and he said they are actually the same as S/X. So I'm not sure why you were told otherwise.