Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to purchase ONE TPMS for my MYP. Bought a new front wheel as I curbed one a few months ago.

Very soon I'll be replacing the stock Pirelli's with All Season Michelin's. Then keep the 'curbed' front wheel(and stock Pirelli) as a quick backup in case I get a flat tire/bent rim in the future. Anyway, that's why I'm looking for just one Tire Sensor.

Anyone have a source other than ebay?

Don't want to order from Tesla? I just got 4 sensors for my 'winter' tires. Just need to open a service request from the app. Took about a week, and just picked them up from my sc. $75 for one.

Tirerack.com has the same ones, for more money, if you're not close to a SC.

Reactions: jevans3
I have a question about getting a TPMS for a 2022 Model Y (which I don’t own yet but expect in the next 14 days or so). I’m building out a full sized spare because I live in rural NM and I plan to travel with this car in other rural states throughout the west including WY and MT where I think waiting on a Tesla roadside tech might be a marginal proposition or at least one that would require significant wait times. That being said I’ve gotten a smoking deal on a curbed Induction wheel which is true and straight but blemished ($125) and a Pilot Sport Michelin A/S 4 tire with 8/32 of the original 10/32 still intact ($140). The wheel came w/o the TPMS stem or any valve stem for That matter. I’ve been plowing through the “internets” which as you know is a series of tunnels 😉 looking for a Model Y compatible TPMS. Cannot find one that I’m confident will work and answers and info are all over the place, surprise! Oh those internets…

Now I’ve read on the internets that any 433mhz TPMS will work. But, speaking to some folks at Tire Rack and TPMS.com I‘ve also been told the TPMS needs to be “programmed” and the the MY codes are not available. SO, I’m in a quandary. Do I believe TR or TPMS or the folks in the tunnels. Ahhh, gotta love those internets. To top it off, and this seems crazy but it’s true at least at the Santa Fe, NM Tesla service center, Tesla will not sell me one until I have a vehicle VIN…. WTF?

Now I’m not in a hurry to have a spare for a car I don’t have yet but I hate it when I can’t find decent, consistent and factual information in those so called tunnels so I’m posting here in hopes of a straight forward answer from a knowledgeable person (preferably a Tesla Tech but someone who really knows their stuff will suffice or better yet someone who has don this) on this issue.

So here is the question….

Can I buy any off the shelf 433mhz TPMS and install in my 20” induction wheel and have it function correctly with my MYLR when I finally get it w/o having some secret codes?

All answers appreciated but a response from a knowledgeable person with factual information would be greatly appreciated…

I have a question about getting a TPMS for a 2022 Model Y (which I don’t own yet but expect in the next 14 days or so). I’m building out a full sized spare because I live in rural NM and I plan to travel with this car in other rural states throughout the west including WY and MT where I think waiting on a Tesla roadside tech might be a marginal proposition or at least one that would require significant wait times. That being said I’ve gotten a smoking deal on a curbed Induction wheel which is true and straight but blemished ($125) and a Pilot Sport Michelin A/S 4 tire with 8/32 of the original 10/32 still intact ($140). The wheel came w/o the TPMS stem or any valve stem for That matter. I’ve been plowing through the “internets” which as you know is a series of tunnels 😉 looking for a Model Y compatible TPMS. Cannot find one that I’m confident will work and answers and info are all over the place, surprise! Oh those internets…

Now I’ve read on the internets that any 433mhz TPMS will work. But, speaking to some folks at Tire Rack and TPMS.com I‘ve also been told the TPMS needs to be “programmed” and the the MY codes are not available. SO, I’m in a quandary. Do I believe TR or TPMS or the folks in the tunnels. Ahhh, gotta love those internets. To top it off, and this seems crazy but it’s true at least at the Santa Fe, NM Tesla service center, Tesla will not sell me one until I have a vehicle VIN…. WTF?

Now I’m not in a hurry to have a spare for a car I don’t have yet but I hate it when I can’t find decent, consistent and factual information in those so called tunnels so I’m posting here in hopes of a straight forward answer from a knowledgeable person (preferably a Tesla Tech but someone who really knows their stuff will suffice or better yet someone who has don this) on this issue.

So here is the question….

Can I buy any off the shelf 433mhz TPMS and install in my 20” induction wheel and have it function correctly with my MYLR when I finally get it w/o having some secret codes?

All answers appreciated but a response from a knowledgeable person with factual information would be greatly appreciated…
You need the bluetooth TPMS only sold by tesla for $75 each, Or tire rack sells them too for $90 (i think)

Reactions: SFNM Jack
Just buy it from tesla and whenever you end up mounting them on the car, just do a reset and it will automatically sync via Bluetooth. I purchased 4 from tesla and had my wheel n tire shop install them when i got my aftermarket wheels and once they were mounted on the car, i reset the onboard cpu and went out to drive n it was synced.

Reactions: SFNM Jack
Just buy it from tesla and whenever you end up mounting them on the car, just do a reset and it will automatically sync via Bluetooth. I purchased 4 from tesla and had my wheel n tire shop install them when i got my aftermarket wheels and once they were mounted on the car, i reset the onboard cpu and went out to drive n it was synced.
Hey, Thanks man….