Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS says tire is flat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a Model Y on 12/29. Two days ago the TPMS said one of the tires was about 10 psi low, now it says it's flat. Visually, it is clearly not flat and testing it on a cheap pressure gauge it's in the high 30s. Assuming the sensor is not broken is there any quick fix w/o calling service? I see some option in the UI for changing wheel sizes that seems like it might perform a sensor reset. Thanks for any help.

Received a Model Y on 12/29. Two days ago the TPMS said one of the tires was about 10 psi low, now it says it's flat. Visually, it is clearly not flat and testing it on a cheap pressure gauge it's in the high 30s. Assuming the sensor is not broken is there any quick fix w/o calling service? I see some option in the UI for changing wheel sizes that seems like it might perform a sensor reset. Thanks for any help.
Air up all the tires to the pressure shown on the placard, then reset the TPMS sensors ( button in the menu, I believe under service). See what that does.

Thanks Drift. The option I managed to find in the menus was related to the wheel size. It claims it will reset tire pressure monitoring. I switched out to a different size and back through two reboot and then went for a drive. TPMS still seems to think the tire is flat. I went ahead and scheduled a service appointment.

Thanks Drift. The option I managed to find in the menus was related to the wheel size. It claims it will reset tire pressure monitoring. I switched out to a different size and back through two reboot and then went for a drive. TPMS still seems to think the tire is flat. I went ahead and scheduled a service appointment.
Sorry about that . My Model 3 has a reset TPMS sensor button on the service page. I thought the Model Y would too. Good luck.

I had this exact issue 2 weeks into the ownership. It ended up being a faulty sensor. They'll swap it for a new one. :)