Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so my 2016 MS is showing a caution in one of the tires. With that it’s also showing a PSI of 41. Obviously I’ve checked the pressure and it’s tearing accurately. I can’t seem to find this actual issue in the manual or on the net...any ideas? I’m thinking the sensor is just going bad but wanted to get others perspective. Thanks in advance for the help!

i had the same issue last week with the right front tire showing 36 psi, so i filled the tire to 40 but the warning light stayed on (I had forgotten the factory pressure) and the next day it was down to 36 again. Went back to add more air this time to 45 psi and the warning went off and hasn't come on again. I have an appointment with the service center tomorrow morning to eliminate the yellow border on the MCU and so will have them check the tire as well.

i had the same issue last week with the right front tire showing 36 psi, so i filled the tire to 40 but the warning light stayed on (I had forgotten the factory pressure) and the next day it was down to 36 again. Went back to add more air this time to 45 psi and the warning went off and hasn't come on again. I have an appointment with the service center tomorrow morning to eliminate the yellow border on the MCU and so will have them check the tire as well.
You are aware that tire pressure is labeled on the tire right?

Reactions: quickstrike12
I know now that TPMS expects a minimum 42 psi. But in my case the leaking tire was not due to anything other than a nail that it had picked up so that cost me a new tire during my visit this morning to the Wilmington DE center. At least got treated to the UV treatment for the yellow border and it worked perfectly although it took two hours to do that.