Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in payoff not showing on Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order 8/31. I'm trading in a vehicle that I owe money on still. But my tesla account page shows $0 for payoff. Is this normal?

Your SA just needs to update it. Did you went through Tesla trade in or get a carmax appraisal? I had to get a carmax appraisal since my trade in was a lower number with Tesla and they honored the carmax amount. Then the SA asked for the financial company and the payoff amount, including the daily tax amount. After I got if for him, sent it via a text, he updated both amounts the payoff and what extra I was getting for my trade in.

Your SA just needs to update it. Did you went through Tesla trade in or get a carmax appraisal? I had to get a carmax appraisal since my trade in was a lower number with Tesla and they honored the carmax amount. Then the SA asked for the financial company and the payoff amount, including the daily tax amount. After I got if for him, sent it via a text, he updated both amounts the payoff and what extra I was getting for my trade in.
I put it in on the Tesla account when entering the trade in information. Once I get a VIN I'll probably go get a Carmax quote. I haven't been contacted by a SA yet so I'm not sure who it would be. I ordered online and never went into a Tesla facility. I was hoping to get something from tesla to show lenders so I can use the wait time to shop for a better rate. But the way it looks on paper is I'm asking $5k more than what the cost will be because Tesla isn't accounting for my payoff.

This new way of getting loans is a pain. I get that it's easier over the phone in theory but I didn't mind walking in and talking face to face with a loan officer. I went into my credit union for my pre approval and told them what I wanted the loan for and that I wanted to talk to a loan advisor. They took me to an empty office and called the loan officer on the phone. While the lady was dialing the number I asked where the loan officer was and that is prefer to talk face to face. She told me they were in the building next door but don't meet face to face. Then I was pre-approved pending emailing them a copy of my pay stub to prove income. Even though i had one in my hand i had to go home and email it to them. Pain in the butt.

I put it in on the Tesla account when entering the trade in information. Once I get a VIN I'll probably go get a Carmax quote. I haven't been contacted by a SA yet so I'm not sure who it would be. I ordered online and never went into a Tesla facility. I was hoping to get something from tesla to show lenders so I can use the wait time to shop for a better rate. But the way it looks on paper is I'm asking $5k more than what the cost will be because Tesla isn't accounting for my payoff.

This new way of getting loans is a pain. I get that it's easier over the phone in theory but I didn't mind walking in and talking face to face with a loan officer. I went into my credit union for my pre approval and told them what I wanted the loan for and that I wanted to talk to a loan advisor. They took me to an empty office and called the loan officer on the phone. While the lady was dialing the number I asked where the loan officer was and that is prefer to talk face to face. She told me they were in the building next door but don't meet face to face. Then I was pre-approved pending emailing them a copy of my pay stub to prove income. Even though i had one in my hand i had to go home and email it to them. Pain in the butt.

I would wait till you get a VIN then go to get an appraisal, when i orders my car, they said the two weeks and rushed me to get an appraisal and do the financial since I went with Tesla. Now I am over the 30 days and will be over 1K miles (I was reassured that they will honor both credit report and appraisal amount) but know knows for sure. You can call Tesla sale store and they will be able to look up your account and tell you who your SA is.