Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loyalty / referral credits when trading in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Picking up an inventory Model Y later this week. Ordered through the Tesla app and I’ll be trading in my 2018 Model 3. Does anyone know if I still get the 10K loyalty / referral credits if I’m trading in my old Tesla for a new one?

Also, assuming I do get the credits, will I see them in my Tesla account before I take delivery or will they only appear after I’ve taken delivery?

Edit: Whoops, meant to post this in the Model Y section…

Picking up an inventory Model Y later this week. Ordered through the Tesla app and I’ll be trading in my 2018 Model 3. Does anyone know if I still get the 10K loyalty / referral credits if I’m trading in my old Tesla for a new one?

Also, assuming I do get the credits, will I see them in my Tesla account before I take delivery or will they only appear after I’ve taken delivery?

Edit: Whoops, meant to post this in the Model Y section…
You should see “pending” on the app. If not better contact your delivery rep and apply the loyalty credit before you take delivery of the new Model Y.

Are you also transferring FSD?

1. After you place the order, credits will automatically appear as ‘pending’ in the Tesla app until the Grant Date.

Reactions: PoitNarf
You should see “pending” on the app. If not better contact your delivery rep and apply the loyalty credit before you take delivery of the new Model Y.

Are you also transferring FSD?

1. After you place the order, credits will automatically appear as ‘pending’ in the Tesla app until the Grant Date.
Ah yes, thanks! I was looking in the wrong place in the app. It’s showing up as pending when I select History at the bottom:
IMG_5869.jpeg

And yes, I will be transferring FSD from the 3 to the Y. The FSD transfer stuff is one of a bunch of questions I’m waiting for them to get back to me about. My trade-in offer is still pending. Granted I only submitted the photos of my 3 in the app yesterday afternoon and I’m not expecting anyone to get back to me on Super Bowl Sunday.

My delivery is scheduled for Thursday, so I’m hoping I get most of this stuff completed tomorrow.

Reactions: RoBoRaT