Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading a PS5 for new Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried going on Offer Up offering people a trade of what I think is an equal retail value item for their Gen3 Wall Connector. My assumption is that I would find someone who is stuck with a new Wall Connector and can't return it, so they are trying to recoup almost all their money on Offer Up but realize they will not get 90% of their money back, and most likely going to have to settle for around $300 if they really want to sell it and take a $100-$150 loss. So I try offer them a trade of something of equal value like a PS5.

I felt my way was better because I offered everyone a brand new PS5 or any arcade prize of their choice of equal value and most of them will say no, just want money. I will then just say well I'd like it for $300 and they still say no. They don't want to trade, they don't want to take a loss. I think trading is the only way to realistically to not take a loss if it's a fair trade. Like if you got $300, there is no guarantee anyone else on Offer Up will sell a brand new $450 item for $300. I will always offer people a chance to trade with me instead of giving into bad low ball offers. I'd rather have something I can use than take less money.

But eventually I got someone who liked my offer of a brand new PS5 disk edition and we met up and did the trade. Her story was that she ordered a Tesla, ordered the Wall Connector, then cancelled her order of the Tesla because she needed a car right away and then was stuck with the Wall Connector. She probably got a bunch of bad offers around $300 and she refused to accept, so getting a $500 PS5 probably sounded much better and mine was new, hers was new, so it was an equal trade. The Wall Connector is $450, the PS5 is $450 on some websites.. I really wish more people be open to trading if they don't want to give a huge discount. I installed it recently and it works, so that was good. I like how the newer Wall Connector cable is slimmer so it's less heavy and easier to use.