Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trickle UP theory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The success of Tesla appropriately rests on the success of the model 3 - the car for every man, and particularly in Europe and Asia where smaller cars are a premium. Therefore I totally understand and support all the developments going into the model 3. But since the first roadster prototype was shown some time ago we have seen new batteries, new motors in the S and X, and greatly updated software including track mode, sentry mode, dog mode, infotainment, near FSD, more games, and on and on. The S and X has lagged behind the upgrades somewhat and even apparently lost their launch control.

I earnestly hope that the roadster development team has been incorporating each and every upgrade and enhancement of the cheaper models into their car. If I am to buy a roadster for 5 times the price of a model 3, I don't want to be jealous of anything the cheaper models can do. Tesla needs to reward those who spend (invest) Ferrari/Lamborghini amounts of money into their company with cars that can do everything the cheaper models can do. OK, maybe my roadster doesn't need a tow hitch...

It seems that the roadster center console is more vertically oriented than the landscape screen in the model 3, which will necessitate rewriting some of the software. I hope this doesn't slow down porting the software. Since the roadster has lost the dashboard, the center console, and anticipated HUD absolutely MUST be excellent.

Reactions: TacC