Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Trunk/frunk struts in winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking at the inexpensive struts for the trunk and frunk on Amazon (not power lifts). Many of them get good reviews but I see complaints about how they function in the cold. Does anyone have a set that work well in Ontario winter that you would recommend?

Are these for a Model 3? S? X?
The M3 has some good Youtube videos on replacing the struts and adding springs to assist in the trunk and frunk lifting.
The S and X should have power trunk already (I don't know of it not being an standard thing) and the frunk mine seem fine in the winter.

Sorry, it's the model 3. I'm not worried about install, that seems really straight forward. I just read that people complained about all of them I found in the winter. I was wondering if those were everyone's experience or just a few people leaving reviews that had problems. If yours work well in the winter, please let me know what brand they are

I have the BougeRV struts from Amazon. I've had them on this winter. The trunk opens about two thirds in the winter and then you need to push it for the rest. Not really a big deal for me. It's still a quick release for the first half and then a bit slower for the rest.

I'm kinda indifferent about it. Not sure if I would recommend it to other forum users or would NOT recommend it either. The good thing is the price. You're not really spending a lot of money and also since the install is so easy, you can use the original struts if you don't like it.