Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk storage bin question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been going irrationally overboard on loading up with accessories while waiting for M3LR to show up. One of the things I bought was a trunk storage bin to fill the space on what I thought was both sides. It said "two piece set" and I thought that meant one for each side and shame on me for not reading all the fine print. So it showed up and I got one bin and one carpeted cover. At first I thought it was a mistake that they forgot to ship the other side but I looked at the picture of the trunk online and it looks like the trunk space is asymmetrical and the right side doesn't have the little cavity that the left side does and would explain why they only give me one. Since I don't have my car yet to look at can anyone verify if this is accurate as far as only having this space on the left side and if it is I'm curious what is in the sidewall that consumes all that extra volume? It's not like it needs plumbing for a fuel line to get to the tank 😁

Here is what they sent me and thanks!

k7eYtdX.jpg