Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline Uberturbine Wheel Covers wont clip on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I’d appreciate any guidance here.

I have a 2018 M3 AWD with 18” wheels. I’ve been driving with the OEM aero wheel covers but had a clip break off of one, so I decided to upgrade to Uberturbine wheel covers. I bought some off of FB marketplace, but had one fall off during a long drive (another faulty clip?) so I ordered a replacement from Tsportline.

Unfortunately, the replacement wheel cover will not clip on to my wheels. I’ve tried everything to force it on, but it seems like when I get one side of the cover attached, it unclips from the other side. It looks like the wheel cover is not flat enough to fit on the wheel without bending, which won’t stay without me physically holding it in place.

I’ve talked to Tsportline who actually sent me another wheel cover, but this one has the same problems. I noticed that the clips are a different style from the clips used for both the aero wheel and original Uberturbine wheel covers. Since the second wheel cover, they also have stopped replying to me.

Has anyone else purchased these recently and had them fit properly? I’d return them and get one from a different company, but they’re the only ones I’ve found who will sell just a single wheel cover.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_7772.jpeg
    IMG_7772.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 10
Hey, don't know if you were able to figure it out but I had a similar issue with the 19 inch version.

I had to take them off a few times doing various projects and the last time I tried to put them back on one of my rears wouldn't stay on. If I pushed one side in, the other side would push out. Couldn't figure it out till I slammed it down and the center cap popped off. Once that happened it all fit and then I just popped the cap back in. It has 4 little tabs that slide into slots. I'm guessing something behind the center area wasn't sitting flush till the cap was off.

Can't see the front of your caps in the photo, but if you do have them it might be worth a try.

Hey, don't know if you were able to figure it out but I had a similar issue with the 19 inch version.

I had to take them off a few times doing various projects and the last time I tried to put them back on one of my rears wouldn't stay on. If I pushed one side in, the other side would push out. Couldn't figure it out till I slammed it down and the center cap popped off. Once that happened it all fit and then I just popped the cap back in. It has 4 little tabs that slide into slots. I'm guessing something behind the center area wasn't sitting flush till the cap was off.

Can't see the front of your caps in the photo, but if you do have them it might be worth a try.
Hey thanks for replying! Here’s a pic of the center area from the front. The cap that came with the covers is just an adhesive attachment though, so maybe different than yours?

Do your clip types look like the one in this picture or similar to the OEM wheel covers? I suspect that Tsportline changed the clips at some point because in some of their videos, they look like the OEM version.
IMG_7748.jpeg
IMG_7753.jpeg