Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor TST 20" Wheel Packages & Wheel & Tires Packages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I notice your ts5's are offered in 20.8.5 with +35 offset. The factory performance uber wheels are 20x9.0 +34 (per your guys information page). Just curious why on a narrower wheel, you'd increase the offset over stock? Unless I misunderstand, this would mean the wheels would sit further into the wheel well over the stock uber wheels. Is my understanding correct?

Narrower wheels, usually are more efficient, with lighter narrower tires, and also weigh less. And yes, it will sit further in compared to the 9" width. The offset are essentially the same, but with a 9" wheel, it pokes out 7.4mm more than the 8.5mm. I recommend this site to see how changing width/offset affects fitment, Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

thanks for this. Totally understand some of the benefits of going narrower, especially having less tire stretch on the factory spec'd 235. Just thought it was interesting that they chose to go less aggressive than the factory Ubers.