Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 M3P winter wheel/tires again, sorry. 18", 19", or 20" OEM or aftermarket, but with a twist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Been looking at winter tires and also considering the wheel/tire package.

We have the Überturbine wheels so have looked into just buying the Sottozero 3 from Tesla for $1,900+/installed.
But my concern is that every time I need to get it switched, so twice a year, it'll cost us $234 each time.

I'm also considering the 19" MSW 27T with Sottozero 3 T0 Tesla. Not the PNCS ELEC version. With TPMS for $2,236. I can switch these myself.

The Tesla 20" Überturbine winter/tire package is $3,750, which I can also switch out myself.

The small twist, is that I have a $500 merch voucher that I can use for Tesla Shop purchase so either I get the 20" winter package or the 19" set.

My question that I would like confirmation and help with is:
Will any of the 18" or 19" winter/tire package work on my 2023 M3P? Or is the 20" package the only option?

TSportline is running a sale now
I purchased the 19" X-Ice package during the labor day sale for my MYP and just mounted today. Swapping the wheels is pretty straight forward process IMO.
Keep in mind my if you order through Tesla they will ship to dealer and you will have to schedule the appt. Pretty inconvenient if you ask me.

The 19” wheels will be the least trouble on an M3P. I run 225/45R19 Nokian R5s on my M3 and they’re great. If you want to run 18” OEM wheels on an M3P you will need to grind down the edge of the calipers a bit in the front. That could potentially cause problems with metal fatigue, so I would stick with 19” wheels.

20” wheels are delicate enough as is, I personally would not run them in winter regardless of how good a deal I could get. The roads may be better where you live.

The 19” wheels will be the least trouble on an M3P. I run 225/45R19 Nokian R5s on my M3 and they’re great. If you want to run 18” OEM wheels on an M3P you will need to grind down the edge of the calipers a bit in the front. That could potentially cause problems with metal fatigue, so I would stick with 19” wheels.
It's the rear that is the problem. Plenty of 18" that are a known good fit on M3Ps.

TSportline is running a sale now
I purchased the 19" X-Ice package during the labor day sale for my MYP and just mounted today. Swapping the wheels is pretty straight forward process IMO.
Keep in mind my if you order through Tesla they will ship to dealer and you will have to schedule the appt. Pretty inconvenient if you ask me.
Thanks. Checked them out and looks like a good deal. Definitely considering the TSportline 19”

Thanks. Checked them out and looks like a good deal. Definitely considering the TSportline 19”

The wheels came in flawless condition. Not a single mark on it. Mounted today, tested at 80mph and its perfect. Good service, I wouldn't hesitate.

Attachments

• PXL_20231111_201304282.jpg
    PXL_20231111_201304282.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 102

20” wheels are delicate enough as is, I personally would not run them in winter regardless of how good a deal I could get. The roads may be better where you live.
Thanks!

Does that mean the Tesla 19” Sport Wheels will fit?