Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having trouble getting it to load content. If it does load a podcast, it takes like 20 minutes to start playing, and even when it shows it's playing the new podcast, it's still playing the last one it was able to play, like a week ago. I was chalking it up to the faulty memory in the MCU1. Seems everything is slowly becoming unreliable, or inoperable(ie: voice commands, messages, streaming music, and just touch responsivenes)

I'm having trouble getting it to load content. If it does load a podcast, it takes like 20 minutes to start playing, and even when it shows it's playing the new podcast, it's still playing the last one it was able to play, like a week ago. I was chalking it up to the faulty memory in the MCU1. Seems everything is slowly becoming unreliable, or inoperable(ie: voice commands, messages, streaming music, and just touch responsivenes)
That is what mine does, just spins on my 2021 Model S. I think it started that two software updates ago. Was working flawlessy. I just don’t get Tesla poor media integration. That should be one of the easiest things to do in a car. Sirius is screwed and when you get no AM radio, then TuneIn better work. If Tesla would just focus just a little bit on this stuff, it would make the experience so much better, especially for new Tesla owners, who have always taken media integration for granted. Or just allow CarPlay, as I never had issues with that and there are more app integrations with CarPlay.

I know it sounds stupid, but if these media issues are not made better, I will just sell my car.

This is driving me nuts. TuneIn has been my somewhat lousy solution to listening to podcasts in the car the last 2 years, and it just gets worse and worse. I used to have 1-2 podcasts that would eventually load most the time, not it just barely works at all. Just spinning, loading, etc... then when one does load and I get out of the car and back in it rewinds 5-10 minutes. So frustrating.. I may try Spotify, although it looks like I need to upgrade my account to premium.

This is driving me nuts. TuneIn has been my somewhat lousy solution to listening to podcasts in the car the last 2 years, and it just gets worse and worse. I used to have 1-2 podcasts that would eventually load most the time, not it just barely works at all. Just spinning, loading, etc... then when one does load and I get out of the car and back in it rewinds 5-10 minutes. So frustrating.. I may try Spotify, although it looks like I need to upgrade my account to premium.
Just a heads up. Don't count on Spotify in the car to be a flawless experience in the car. My experience with it has been less than great. I usually just use the Spotify app on my phone for music because it works better. For podcasts, I ended up putting Pocket Casts on my phone and using that in the car. Works perfectly.

I am starting to wonder what media through Tesla UI does work correctly. Sirius and TuneIn do not. Tesla does not offer AM radio and say better to stream, but streaming does not work consistently. Should not have to use phone to get this stuff right. How can a so called tech company be so bad at getting basic UI done correctly and also making it the best. Do they not understand that having great access to media and the interfaces to play media is a big part of the car and also makes driving it safer too?

Could care less about FSD and I don’t even think it is any better on the my 2021 BMW implementation of it. BMW just cost me 2k for the package and it includes automatic lane changes. BMW also has a great media interface, plus Carplay. Beyond frustrated of Tesla’s UI.

Amazing what I took for granted in other cheaper cars.

Reactions: McQ14