Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning on heated seats without turning on A/C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ran into this nonsense today: it's raining, it's cold, and I want to have a warm seat. And I don't want the AC on. I found many threads like this one without a decent solution, so I figured I was probably out of luck... But then after about 20 minutes of fiddling with it (which is far longer than it ought to take to turn on seat warmers), I stumbled across this:

If you press the "..." icon in the center to open the app drawer, then long press on any icon to go into edit mode, the individual seat warmer buttons (as well as the front/rear defrost) appear and you can drag them back into the main bar where they should be! Hope this helps someone else avoid a headache.
Yes you’re right, back in April when we were discussing this the app drawer had not been updated to us yet. Good work Frank.

I just ran into this nonsense today: it's raining, it's cold, and I want to have a warm seat. And I don't want the AC on. I found many threads like this one without a decent solution, so I figured I was probably out of luck... But then after about 20 minutes of fiddling with it (which is far longer than it ought to take to turn on seat warmers), I stumbled across this:

If you press the "..." icon in the center to open the app drawer, then long press on any icon to go into edit mode, the individual seat warmer buttons (as well as the front/rear defrost) appear and you can drag them back into the main bar where they should be! Hope this helps someone else avoid a headache.
Great, this works. Weird thing is it lets you put heated steering wheel on the center of the main bar with all the other apps but the heated seats is placed on the left of the main bar by the temp.

That is the solution for the front seats at least. Now if only they could give us easy control for the back seats without turning on the HVAC system

Reactions: David Webb