Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uber credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live 30 miles from the closest Tesla Service Center and live in a very rural area. I haven't taken delivery of my MY yet, but I am concerned what will happen should it need to be at the Service Center for more than a day. I often read about Uber credits. I have never used Uber, but I doubt that is a viable option for me. Confused and concerned, any comments or advice appreciated. I will be using the SC in Eatonville, FL (north Orlando).

Uber should work anywhere… 30 miles is not far. Also if you bought another type of car most likely they would say find your own ride…as very few still do loaners. I think Uber credit is a great option.

I live in a rural area about 30 miles from the nearest Tesla SC also, but I've used Uber around the world, so I have no issues with it in that regard.
I can definitely use Uber to get from the SC to my home or work, but there's no cars around my home to pick me up from there. I've pulled up the Uber app and checked several times.

The one time I took my Model Y to the SC, I asked for a loaner, and they told me they had Uber credits, and no loaners available. I explained to the service guy the same thing I wrote above, and he told me to hang out in the waiting area. After a few mins, he found me a loaner M3.
So if you're in a situation where they offer you the Uber credits, explain it like I did, and hopefully they'll work with you.

In the meantime, get the Uber app and see if there are cars in around your home. It's not as scary to use as you might think. :)

Thanks, Skydve1. I was really surprised to find Uber near enough that I would only have about a 30-45 minute wait time. I can live with that. My big fear would be if I had to rely on Uber for an extended period of time. Between doctor, shopping and various other appointments, that would not work.