Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbines - Paint match (as close as I could get it)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For when the inevitable happens.....

I've done loads of research on this and can only find results for the US. None of the paint recommendations seem to be available in the UK. So, after having a friendly encounter with a pothole (and much swearing) I set off to Halfords with the centre cap to find some touch up paint. The damage was minimal so I'm not considering a refurb yet. The closest match I could find was Ford Magnum Grey but this was a tad too light so I bought some Matt Black spray as well. I sprayed the magnum grey in a pot and slowly added some matt black until I was happy with the mix. Used a tiny artist brush to apply the paint. Pics attached. I'm very pleased 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5588.jpeg
    IMG_5588.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5587.jpeg
    IMG_5587.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5586.jpeg
    IMG_5586.jpeg
    674.2 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Lord Farquad
I did the same a while back and found Mercedes Selenite Grey to be a close match.

I bought via the internet the apparent exact colour code Tesla use for the Turbines on the MP3 - it was from a company that are either called or label their paint "Mad"
When applied it looked good but dries a little lighter and easy to see the difference. I had a touch up stick for a Ford basalt black kicking around in the garage - so mixed some into the MAD paint - a pure guess quantity wise but made a really very very good match - even from 6 inches away its hard to spot, plenty left too if i ever need it.