Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to charge at supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested , this looks to be the procedure (removal of the HV battery is required). I guess that explains the 700$ ish price (not counting the 300$ towing) - 2h job, 1h diag. , 100$ part
For me, at least in my model Y they did not remove the HV battery. They did remove the rear seats to access the “penthouse” section of the battery to work on it but did not remove the battery itself. Luckily mine was under warranty, and luckily I was able to L2 charge and bring it in so I did not have to pay for towing.

Are you sure they need t remove the battery?

I look at my service record and since its under warranty there’s no $ about but the service they did for me was “Correction: Contactor - Fast Charge - HV Battery (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace”. When I talked to the tech they said that this did not mean they removed and replaced the HV battery only the “fast charge components” on the penthouse of the HV battery.

Here’s what the Service Manual says about the job…

I look at my service record and since its under warranty there’s no $ about but the service they did for me was “Correction: Contactor - Fast Charge - HV Battery (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace”. When I talked to the tech they said that this did not mean they removed and replaced the HV battery only the “fast charge components” on the penthouse of the HV battery.

Here’s what the Service Manual says about the job…
I think you’re right, the instructions don’t mention battery removal. I’m hoping they consider the contactors an integral part of the HV battery and under powertrain warranty.

Reactions: J-a-x