Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Charge, Check Charging Equipment Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a short trip, and a brief stop at a Supercharger, I returned home and plugged into my Mobile Connector on my 6-50 Adapter. I received errors that my car would not charge, and to check the charging equipment. I unplugged the mobile connector, flipped the breaker, tried the 110V adapter and got the same errors. After waiting a while, trying again, the charge started as expected, but was Interrupted about 20 minutes into the charge.

I then attempted to use a charger from my Prius Plug-In (110V) with the Tesla charging adapter and ti charges without a problem, albeit a lot slower than my 6-50.

I have soft-rebooted the Model 3 display with no luck..I see no indication of dust, etc and my car only has 2900 miles.

It appears that the issue is directly with the Tesla Mobile Charger, but...is this something that has happened to others? I do not see this exact issue in brief forum searches. I have emailed Tesla about this, but I fear that I will be pulling my 40A breaker and re-installing my 25A breaker for my L2 charger as the Mobile Adapter (Gen 2) will require replacement.

Any ideas or similar problems with a solution are welcomed!

I have a similar issue - My 3 has 700 miles, ST+. Mine wont charge at all with any AC charger. It will supercharge however. I just got back from the service center - they are ordering a new Power Conversion System. Guy in service says it's a common issue in the 3 lately.

After a short trip, and a brief stop at a Supercharger, I returned home and plugged into my Mobile Connector on my 6-50 Adapter. I received errors that my car would not charge, and to check the charging equipment. I unplugged the mobile connector, flipped the breaker, tried the 110V adapter and got the same errors. After waiting a while, trying again, the charge started as expected, but was Interrupted about 20 minutes into the charge.

I then attempted to use a charger from my Prius Plug-In (110V) with the Tesla charging adapter and ti charges without a problem, albeit a lot slower than my 6-50.

I have soft-rebooted the Model 3 display with no luck..I see no indication of dust, etc and my car only has 2900 miles.

It appears that the issue is directly with the Tesla Mobile Charger, but...is this something that has happened to others? I do not see this exact issue in brief forum searches. I have emailed Tesla about this, but I fear that I will be pulling my 40A breaker and re-installing my 25A breaker for my L2 charger as the Mobile Adapter (Gen 2) will require replacement.

Any ideas or similar problems with a solution are welcomed!
Lately I have been having this problem at Superchargers. Seems to be more likely at 150KW stations. Once it fails, then moving to different stall doesn’t help, fails nearly immediately. Charges longer at a 72KW station but could still fail when it is drawing half that. Does not fail at home on wall charger. Could be a correlation to high out door temp. 80 Desiree’s.

Lately I have been having this problem at Superchargers. Seems to be more likely at 150KW stations. Once it fails, then moving to different stall doesn’t help, fails nearly immediately. Charges longer at a 72KW station but could still fail when it is drawing half that. Does not fail at home on wall charger. Could be a correlation to high out door temp. 80 Desiree’s.

Noting that you are in Seattle, it seems unlikely that outside temps are to blame, otherwise there'd be some mighty loud screaming from Arizona and Nevada. :)

If a full restart (from the menu) doesn't fix it, sound like you need a service appointment. Though they might be able to diagnose it remotely.