Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Moderator,

My friend is trying to join TMC but is unable to participate (create post, profit pic and more). However, whenever she logs in, she received a message below:

Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!

I am wondering is there any rules before she can post or reply to anyone?

Thanks

I seem to remember restrictions on starting a new thread when you are a new member, but not necessarily replying to an existing thread. I'd suggest finding a thread that is related to the question she has and posting a reply there.

seems very difficult to post a question. I have the same problem. Fair enough if there are rules but seriously, this site thinks people have time to read through the whole document. If a new subscriber can't post yet, let them know, and let them know what to do.

I had the same problem. It kept asking me to type in a recipient for my post, and I don't know of any.
I think some of you are confusing the direct messaging system (called "Conversations") for starting a new thread. To start a new thread, navigate to the forum most appropriate to the topic you want to post about, and click on the red "Post New Thread" button". You can find a full list of the forums here: Tesla Motors Club

Here is a screenshot of where to find the button, using the Model 3 forum as an example:
screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2021.03.21-15_27_09.png

@sentabo and @DonAshlock I just checked your accounts, and you should have no problem posting a new thread. Please follow the instructions above, and let me know if you run into any issues.

I think some of you are confusing the direct messaging system (called "Conversations") for starting a new thread. To start a new thread, navigate to the forum most appropriate to the topic you want to post about, and click on the red "Post New Thread" button". You can find a full list of the forums here: Tesla Motors Club

Here is a screenshot of where to find the button, using the Model 3 forum as an example:
View attachment 646741

@sentabo and @DonAshlock I just checked your accounts, and you should have no problem posting a new thread. Please follow the instructions above, and let me know if you run into any issues.
Got it. Still finding my way around her. I took a wrong turn, and it seemed like every page I was on the "Post thread" was not on the page. Thanks!

Hi Moderator,

My friend is trying to join TMC but is unable to participate (create post, profit pic and more). However, whenever she logs in, she received a message below:

Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!

I am wondering is there any rules before she can post or reply to anyone?

Thanks
How many posts do I have to make to get access?